Chapter 25

I sat at my desk and wipe away my tears. I can't get stressed up over my job. I have to think of my own health and that of my unborn baby. I will manage somehow to give my baby the important things in life and I know I have Mia and Diablo on my side. Besides, we still have some of the money left from our parents, it may not be much, but I know Mia won't mind if we have to use some of the money and I will have the benefits from the company, because I've been with them for nearly seven years. 

I hear Stefano and Diablo argue inside the office and put my hands over my ears. Why do things have to be so complicated. I look down and see the screen on my phone flash, so I pick it up to see a message from Mia. 'Did you see Stefano yet and does he know about the baby.' I didn't feel like talking, so I just type back that I'll talk later.

I hear Stefano's office door open and see Diablo walking out furiously, but he calmed down when he caught me watching him. He came to my desk and smiled at me. "Mona, just give Stefano a chance to calm down please. He just needs time to get over the shock that he will be a father and if he wants to be a coward, remember that I will be there for you, no matter what. Stefano also knows now that I'm dating Mia and that I'm planning to marry her."

I look up at Diablo and smiled sadly. "I've messed up big time Diablo, he must hate me so much for lying to him and keeping my identity a secret." Diablo walks around my desk and takes my hand in his. "Mona, don't blame yourself, Stefano is also guilty in many ways, because he should of used protection that night and he should of known not to just sleep with a girl without knowing who she was."

I nod my head sadly and he pulls me out of my chair and hugged me to him. "Everything will work out, I promise you, just don't blame yourself," he whispers to me. Tears ran from my eyes and I sob against him. Neither of us saw Stefano come out of his office. "I would advice you to step away from her," we hear him say and I jumped. I turn my back on Stefano and wipe away my tears quickly before facing him again.

Stefano walks up to us and I could see anger as well as hurt in his eyes. "You must of had so much fun for deceiving me, for lying to me about who you were. All those times I spoke about the mystery girl, you knew exactly who she was. How can I ever trust you again Mona. How many more things are you keeping from me, but you know what, I don't care, because from your mouth it will always be lies, but I've made a decision. I want to have a maternity test done as soon as possible and if the baby is indeed mine, we will do the right thing and get married."

I look up at him shocked. Does he really think that he can just make decisions for me. Why would I marry a man who has no feelings, a man who told me a few days ago that he wasn't interested in marriage. I turn to Diablo and saw that he was watching us, so I walked closer to him. "Diablo, could you give us a moment please." He nods and asked me if I'm sure about it, so I hugged him, while looking at a fuming Stefano. "Yeah, I'm sure, I will talk to you later ok."

I waited till Diablo walked out before I turn back to Stefano. "Let me make one thing clear to you Mr De Luca, you have no control over my life, I will phone my doctor today to set up a meeting to get the maternity test done, but if you want to use your own doctor, its fine by me." He then told me that he don't have a problem, so I carried on. "I will proof to you that this baby is yours, but I will not marry you. Ones the baby is born, I will give you visiting rights, but that is as far I would go."

"If this baby is mine, you will marry me or I will fight you for full custody of my child, because no child of mine will move back and forth between two parents, so get that through your head Mona and no other man will bring up my child." He storms away after that and I sagged down onto my chair while shaking uncontrollably. I wait a few minutes to calm down before I pick up the phone to make the call.

A/N:
Hi guys, please don't forget to vote and share my book with other readers.