Chapter Ten

I decided I'd go and see Dylan. I turned left and walked to his penthouse quickly, knocking at the door. No answer. I knocked again and waited. I wondered what they had been fighting over, were they hurt? I mean, I know the others said that Hayden would never get out of bed again but I assumed they had been exaggerating. Jeez, I knew they weren't getting on, judging by the glances Dylan was giving Hayden earlier. But I never thought they'd actually take it this far! I thought they were better than this, Dylan at least. Didn't Dylan have other things to worry about?

There was still no answer at the door, so I figured I'd just let myself in. I turned the door knob, walking inside. It was just how I left it, a complete mess. Snacks scattered over the tables, couches and floor. It was quieter though, and no people in there. I closed the door behind me, standing by the door, not wanting to intrude. I glanced around the living room, clearly he wasn't in here.

"Dylan? It's Y/N!" I called out, to let him know that I was here. He wouldn't be as startled when he saw me then.

I walked past the messy kitchen, plated sprawled across the counter. I continued to walk, reaching Dylan's bedroom door. I sighed, hoping he was in there. I really didn't fancy another wild goose chase. I knocked on the door gently.

"Dylan? You in there?" I asked, calling through the door. There was no answer, it was silent. I was really starting to doubt that he was in there and started to think of where else he could have been.

Maybe he went to Louis' room? I mean, it wouldn't surprise me. If I had gotten into a fight, I might have gone to my friend, so that would make sense. I took a couple of steps back, staring to walk away again.

That was before I heard the creak of the bedroom door, opening. I turned around again, to the direction of the door. It was only open about an inch, I stepped towards it again, pushing it open enough so I could walk inside.

There, sitting on his bed, cross-legged, was Dylan. Man, he looked like shit. His face was red and blotched from crying so much, clearly. His eyes bloodshot and close together, as if he'd fall asleep at any moment. Or maybe it was just too painful to open them all the way. He looked up at me briefly before lowering his gaze to the floor. I sat beside him, not too close though.

His gaze hadn't moved after a few minutes of me sitting next to him.

"Dyl? You okay?..." I whispered, almost afraid to speak too loud. It would most likely startle him, judging by the state he was in.

He didn't reply and kept staring at the floor, his breathing shallow. I bit my lip, nervously, looking at him.

"Wanna talk about it?..." I asked him, whispering again. He shook his head slightly before breathing deeply and shuffling backwards to the head of his bed. He uncrossed his legs and laid down, closing his eyes, as if the light was too much to bear.

"Did the others tell you? About..." He mumbled, his voice hoarse.

"The fight? Yeah, they did..." I responded, looking at him.

"Oh..." He sighed softly. I wanted to hug him, he looked so fragile.

"What was it about? The fight, I mean." I asked, still quiet. He sighed, thinking about what he should say.

Dylan's POV
There was no simpler way to put it, really. It was really kind of obvious what the meaning was behind our punches. My head hurt, my heart hurt and my everything hurt. Shit, I just sounded like some over the top fanfiction...   (🙂)
How do I word it though? I can't just tell her the straight up reason why.

I remembered the state I left Hayden in, feeling sick to my stomach. I don't know what came over me, I'd never do that normally! Ironic though, my first fight and I absolutely destroy the guy. Poor guy...

I guess all my anger about Kenzie had just boiled up, making everything ten times worse. What the fuck was I thinking? He'd only kissed Y/N, I had Kenzie to worry about...

She's kind of pretty though, Y/N...

Shit, I was taking to long to respond.

"Boys stuff." I said, the best I could. My throat really hurt and it was really starting to piss me off.

I heard her chuckle a bit, "Boys stuff? Really? Come on, you can tell me." Damn her laugh was cute.

I took a deep breath and let it out, sighing. Was I really going to tell her the reason? I guess I was, because I found myself telling her a few moments later.

"You."

*******************************
Yeet and another chapter done. Don't forget to vote and comment! What do you guys think of Hayden? I want to know so I know how to portray him as a character so feel free to comment💖