Chapter Eighteen

Y/N's POV
Did Dylan know that I knew?

That was all I could think about as the rest of the cast made their visits. It was going on for ages and I needed to talk to Dylan on his own.

Mind you, what would I say if I did get a chance to speak to him? I doubt I could just be like,

'yEaH dOnT woRrY duDe, I aInT gOinG bEhInd yOur baCk wiTh yOur eX-'

Because I kinda was-

Everyone in the movie visited at some point. I had to be social for a good 5 hours, which was a chore for me, to be honest.

And the whole time, I couldn't stop worrying about what Dylan would say when they left. And when that time eventually came, we just sat there in the most uncomfortable silence. I thought about starting a conversation, but he did before I got a chance.

"I uh... When you were.. you know... I went through your phone, but I wasn't spying, or anything like that. I mean, I guess I was, but your phone was blowing up with notifications! So when I turned on your phone to silence the notifications I..." Dylan rambled and came to a slow stop, looking at the wall to his left and chewing his lip slightly.

"I couldn't help but see that the messages were from Kenzie Breslaw. My ex." He finished speaking and played with his hands, looking down at them.

Well shit, he knew. Ah fuck. I mean, I knew that he knew but I kind of just hoped that he didn't know that I knew. Oh well, now I've got to deal with this shit...

I nodded and sighed, looking for something to look at as I spoke, besides him, "Uhm, yeah... I don't know why I started talking to her. Well, I do, but... I don't. You know?"

"No. No, I don't know. Why would you text my ex girlfriend to find out stuff about me? What would make you want to do that? Did I do something? Is that what it is? Did I hurt you in some way? Did I hurt you so much that you feel like you weren't able to ask me anything? Don't you know how much it hurt to find you texting her??" Dylan asked, his voice slightly loud. But he wasn't angry, he was upset. I could tell.

I'd never felt so guilty in my life. I thought that I'd felt extremely guilty when I accidentally poisoned Finn when I was younger.

Finn and I were home alone one day, he was looking after me. Mom and Dad had made him look after me. He had made plans to see his friends, which got cancelled so he could look after me. I was about 11 at the time, which seems pretty old. Well, not old, but old enough to stay home alone. My parents didn't think so. Our parents didn't think so. So then Finn was in a mood because his plans got cancelled and I felt pretty bad about it.

To make things better for him, I said I'd make a cake for him. He was amused so let me continue. And me, being 11, knew how to make a cake. Sort of. Not really. So I started making the cake and it went pretty good, I told funny hat he could have all of it. And he did. He said that it tasted pretty good and I gave myself credit because I put in a special ingredient. Special being WAY too much nutmeg.

Then Finn started puking and getting the ruNs so my parents took him to hospital when they got home. It could have been pretty bad, he could have died but he didn't. Luckily.

But that guilt didn't even compare to how I felt when I saw how hurt Dylan was. I tried to think of what to say.

"Look, I'm sorry. I just, I had a dream. I'm sorry Dylan, I really am. I know this doesn't make up for what I did, at all. But I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." I stumbled out.

Dylan sighed, shaking his head and standing up.

"I'm gonna head back to the hotel, see you..." He walked to the door and turned the door handle.

"Dyl..." I mumbled.

He opened the door and left, leaving me alone in the hospital room.

*************************************
So sorry that this took so long to get out! I'm busy with school and I may or may not have met a someone special 💕

Anywayyyy, hope you guys like this chapter. I'm off school for Easter so I'll update more hopefully!