It's Complicated 6

It's so hard for me to like Daniel. Even though I already know he doesn't like me, and would think it's disgusting that I like him, it just hurts me even more to have him confirm it.

Sighing, I roll away from his chest and look at my bedside clock. Two thirty in the morning and I still can't sleep. I decide to get up and make my way quietly out of my bedroom before heading down stairs. I'm more than surprised to find Tommy down here casually eating cheesy mac.

"Tommy, what are you doing?" He wasn't expecting me causing him to jump and scream like a little girl. I burst out in laughter and not even a minute later Daniel came running down the stairs.

"What's going on?" He asked us hurriedly and I only doubled over in more laughter. "Anna decided she'd come and scare me." Tommy said bitterly and Danny frowned at me. "Why are you up? It's two thirty in the morning and you should be asleep! We have school tomorrow!" I stopped laughing, blushing a little as I muttered, "Sorry... I couldn't sleep."

After having a glass of cold water like I'd intended, Daniel made me go back upstairs with him. "You're going to be so tired tomorrow." He told me and I bite my lip. He's right, but still it's not my fault. "I won't be able to sleep, even if I lye down." He sighs. "I'll get you to sleep." He reassured.

I get into bed next to him and he immediately pulls me closer to his chest. I wrap my arms around his waist and put my head in the crook of his neck. I never want to move from this position. I feel him kiss the top of my head. I still don't feel tired. He yawns and I sigh.

"You can sleep, you know?" I feel him shrug against me. "Why, so you can run away from me again?" I would never run away from him. "Well too bad because you're stuck here forever now." He squeezes me tightly for emphasis. "Good." I tell him.

Pushing my body up against his, I hug him tightly. I leave no space between us; I want to be able to feel every part of him against me. "What are you doing, Meiky?" He whispers. "I'm trying to get warm." I move my body around like a little worm. Suddenly he lets out a groan and I gasp, jumping up.

"Oh shit, I'm sorry! Did I hurt you?" He sits up too, and he looks like he's blushing a little. A smirk comes to his face and he shakes his head. "You're so clueless." I frown. "Come on, let's sleep." We lye back down and in ten minutes, it sounds like Daniel is snoring. Sighing, I go to get out of bed only to be pulled back.

"I told you you'd run away." I laugh. "You're awake?" "Don't be so surprised." I blush a little. "I wasn't running away... I was going to use the bathroom." I lie and he chuckles. "I'm sure you were." We lye back down in the same position and Danny bites his lip. He's too cute when he does that.

"I'm just so bored." I explain. "I've no idea why I can't sleep, I just can't." He laughs. "Really? I thought watching me sleep would be awesome. I mean, come on, I'm pretty sexy." I laugh as a blush comes to my face. Thank goodness for the darkness!

"What, you don't agree?" He asks, feigning hurt. "Of course I do!" I say sarcastically and he laughs. It becomes quiet and I close my eyes, trying yet again to make sleep come. Unfortunately, I'm still as awake as ever. "Entertain me!" I complain and I hear Danny's evil chuckle through his pillow case. "Okay..."

I instantly regret it as I was pushed gently on my back, Daniel suddenly on top of me. He wiggles his eyebrows at me threateningly. "Are you sure you really want me to entertain you?" Before I could answer his hand was over my mouth and I was being tickled like there was no tomorrow!

"So, tell me again," He asks while he pauses with the tickling. "Who was your favorite?" I hesitated once he took his hand off of my hand. If I say him then he'll stop tickling me... But he'll also get off of me, and as creepy as that sounds, I don't want him to.