It's Complicated 11

“Meiky… Go on a date with me?”

A blush comes to my face as I look around us both. Thankfully, there aren’t any students in a good hearing range.

“Danny, someone could have heard!” I whisper to him.

He laughs, shaking his head.

“You’re too cute when you blush. So, will you?”

I hesitate. Not on my answer, but on the consequences.

“Of course I will, but…”

He grins, pulling me into a tight bear hug. I squeeze him back while I rest my head on his chest. I breathe in his familiar smell, the smell I love so much.

“There are no buts whatsoever tonight. There is only you, and me.”

A goofy smile comes to my face as he pulls away, looking down at me. He chuckles.

“I love you,”

My smile becomes bigger as I feel my heart beat increase.

“I love you too,” I whisper.

The bell suddenly rings and Daniel laughs.

“Let’s go before we get a Monday detention. It’ll run into our date. I for one don’t think we had enough alone time this past weekend.”

He smirks at me. Grabbing my hand he pulls me along as he starts running.

He’s right. The past weekend at the beach, where we’d all decided to stay the next night, too, wasn’t as much fun as it could have been. My time wasn’t spent swimming, chatting or even making new friends. It was spent staring at Daniel.

I guess that’s one of the many cons: not being able to have alone time with Daniel without someone becoming suspicious.

So all weekend cute smiles, blushing – all from me, I’ll admit – smirks, winks and suggestive eyebrows were thrown around.

We arrive to class two minutes late. The teacher gives us a warning, but otherwise drops it. Some of the kids give us questioning looks, and me being me, I blush.

His teeth graze my ear and his cool breath washes over the left side of my face as he whispers in my ear. “I’ll see you later, Meiky.”

A small shiver washes over me and I do my best to appear normal. Taking a seat next to Kaitie, she raises her eyebrows at me. I give her a big smile.

“Someone’s happy,” She whispers across to me.

I try and wipe the smile from my face, or tone it down a little. But I just can’t stop smiling.