It's Complicated 9

My eyes flutter open as a small groan escapes my lips. The instant pain in my head tells me that I did get drunk last night. I'm so stupid!

I feel Danny's arms loosen a little around my waist as I turn around and face him. I can't help the happy feeling that I have deep inside of me, only because he's holding me.

I do the same and wrap my arms around him. I blush furiously after I realize that I just squeezed him. I nuzzle my head into him from embarrassment and he tightens his arms around me again.

I lye there in comfort for at least an hour before he stirs. I wait patiently for him to finally open his eyes.

"Morning," I tell him as soon as he does.

He stares at me for a long while before he lets out a husky chuckle. "Morning, Meiky."

I frown a little. What's so funny? I hate being the one left out of the joke, or surprises, and Danny knows this.

"What's so funny?" I ask him and he smirks. As sexy as his smirk is, it's usually not a good sign when you see it.

"Do you really want to know?" I immediately nod my head. I can't remember anything from last night... I mean, did we even end up roasting marshmallows?

"Don't freak out, Anameika." He suddenly turns serious and I begin to worry. What did I do?

"Last night..." He has trouble saying whatever it is he needs to. "We," He pauses and takes one of his arms away from my waist so he can scratch his head. One of his nervous gestures.

I can't help but look down at my stomach, to where his hand was previously resting. The warmth and tingles are still there, despite him moving his arm. That doesn't stop me from frowning, though.

His arm snakes back around me and startled, I look back up at him. Could he sense my disappointment?

He's looking straight into my eyes and without hesitating, he tells me, "Last night we kissed, Anameika."

My eyes widen and they instantly move to the tent door, avoiding his. I can't help my heart beat picking up. Is he serious? I can't have kissed him! That's not what was supposed to have happened!

I look back at him and he looks a little hurt.

"If it makes you feel any better, you vomited straight afterwards?" He asks unsurely and I immediately blush. I can't believe this!

I untangle my arms from Danny's waist and extract myself from him. Yes I'm embarrassed in myself, but I'm more upset.

"Meiky, look. I'm sorry that you had to kiss your own brother, I bet that you're fee-" I cut him as soon as I realize where he's going with it.

"No," I tell him while standing up, not making eye contact. I continually shake my head, trying to convince him. "It's anything but what you're thinking. It just... I can't believe this!"

With that said I make my way out of the tent. I stop after zipping it back up and look out over the beach. It's still early, by the looks of it. 

I slowly make my way across the sand. I feel horrible, and I'm sure I look just the same. When I finally get to the water, I decide to go for a little swim, and clean myself up, too. Hopefully it will keep me from my thoughts.

I walk along the shore, trying to find somewhere far away enough so that no one will see me. I finally come to a spot that's surrounded by rocks and settle for it, stripping from my clothes.

Daniel's P.O.V

I sigh as I sit up. I'm such an idiot! I shouldn't have told her. She completely freaked out!