It's Complicated 7

"Hey Amber!" Kaitie greeted one of the girls. The girl - Amber - hugs Kaitie before her eyes fall on us. "Oh, hey! Anameika, right?" She asks me as she walks up to us. I nod and smile slightly. She shocks me by giving me a hug.

Amber has a natural, pretty face. "And Daniel?" Daniel grins, nodding his head. I can't help but to hope he doesn't like redheads. She gives him a small welcome hug, too, before leading the three of us further into the group.

A cute boy with dark blonde hair walks up to Amber and pulls her into a deep kiss. I guess she's taken, anyway. A minute later the boy whistles loudly and everyone stops talking. I look at Daniel a little nervously and he gives me a weird smile. I give the same smile back.

"Alright," Amber starts. "Before we head up to The Spot, I want to introduce you all to Daniel and Anameika." Everybody turns their gaze to both Danny and me. I blush a little and look away from them, up at Daniel. He puts his free arm around my shoulder.

"They're friends of Kaitie's," Amber continues. "And they go to our school. So just welcome them, alright?" With that said, Amber and the boy pick up their things and head for the right, starting us off on our walk.

As I walk with Kaitie and Daniel, a few people come up and greet Kaitie, introducing themselves to us, too. I recognize some of their faces now, realizing that Danny and I have some classes with them. They all seem really nice, even the ones I haven't spoken to yet.

After about fifteen minutes of walking we come to a small pier. It's really pretty here; you can see all of its beauty, even with only the little bit of sun light there is. The water is coming in small waves, pushing the sand further and further up the shore slowly. Amber finally finds a secluded spot and we all proceed with our tents.

"Meiky, can you start building the tent while I run back to the car?" I raise my eyebrows. "Why?" He scratches the back of his head. "I kind of forgot to grab the mattresses?" He smiles sheepishly and I laugh. "Sure. Be careful though!" I bite my lip. "Maybe you should take Kaitie with you?" He rolls his eyes and ignores me, running back in the direction we just came from.

After seventeen minutes, I'm just about ready to give up on building our tent. Almost everyone is done, and now they're all setting up their beds, unpacking their food and what not. I sigh, continuing my search to find where the few missing pegs disappeared to. We have to have left some behind somewhere!

Suddenly I hear Daniel's chuckle right next to my ear, and I turn to my left to see him looking down at me. "Having trouble there, sis? Maybe you should let someone who knows what they're doing take over." I frown; not only at not being able to do it, but also how he calls me 'sis', even though I am indeed his sister.

I push his chest hard, the feel of his abs almost stopping me. "Shut up!" I finally tell him. He chuckles. "The pegs ran away from me." I cross my arms over moodily and he sighs. "Meiky?" He asks softly. I know what he's doing! He's going to use his irresistible face on me again! He knows I can't say no to it!

I turn around stubbornly. I'll just let him suffer; I know it kills him when I'm 'angry' at him. But truth be told, I'm never angry at him. I could never get angry at him, no matter what.

My breath gets caught as he brings both his arms around my waist, still standing behind me. He brings his lips to my right ear. "Meiky," He breathes. I can feel his cool breath on me and I notably shiver. "I'm sorry for teasing you."

It's really hard for me to resist him, especially when he's like this, holding me like this. I groan and fall into his embrace. "Whatever," I mumble. He sighs and kisses the side of my head. I blush a little, silently thanking God I'm not facing Daniel.