Chapter 3

First day of school,3 years ago

Luke walks into the school, smiling, confident, oblivious to the boy watching him.

Even at 12, he was surrounded by girls, with his instant popular looks.

The boy watching was taken. He'd never thought about himself in that light, but love does the craziest things, and it has told him that THIS is the boy for him.

Yet no one told that this boy would also break his heart.

Lukes pov

Iv made up my mind. Im gonna do it. I lost the reasons to live ages ago, but I couldnt do it cause i was too scared to end everything. But now I have to. Officially everyone in my life wants me dead.

flashback-

Jack walks in, with a bruise on his cheek, Ben following him. Their expressions are angry; they look like theyre going to murder me. Being the weakling that i am, i hunch into a tight ball,as far away from them as possible.

" He was drunk and thought I was you..." Jack hissed

"See what happened! Its all because of you. If you werent such a dissapointment, Jack wouldnt have got hurt!" Ben shouted, making me cringe.

"Just go die already, your just a lump of dissapointment and a waste of space. Make everyones lives easier! Dont be so selfish!" Jack screamed, finally losing it. Even Ben looked suprised, but not for long.

Then they began the physical abuse. I'd been beaten up twice today and most likely going to get hit by my drunken dad later. They didnt stop until i thankfully passed out.

end of flashback-

I had to kill myself, so my brothers wouldnt get hurt. So my mum and dad wouldnt have to be dissapointed anymore. So that no one else would get hurt because of me.

Ashtons pov-

Iv figured out what goes on behind the closed doors of the Hemming's household. OMG.

His parents abuse him. For no reason, unlike me, for amusement and nothing else. How can we carry on hurting him? I have to, i crave to, my fists long to break up his pretty face. But I cant, now that I know.

We all have good homes, Michaels mum is single but that doesnt change anything. Our parents care for us, love us, we all belong to stable families. But luke must hurt so badly inside, knowing that he cant control anything in his life.

I have to tell Mikey and Calum.

But how? Wont they judge me for being scared for my victim? Im fucking worried for Luke. Its not right. Love shines through in the end but Calum and Mikey dont know that. Theyll never know how much I loved Luke Hemmings.

Theyll never know how he broke my heart.