Chapter 9

Lashton in this chapter, get ready!

Ashtons pov

I run out of the hospital as soon as the doctor tells me that he left. I cant believe they just let him go, without anyone even checking on him first. Because of this, he could be anywhere. I hope he didnt have time to go tok far.

There is no way that Luke went home. I cant even think of that happening. He's probably sobbing his heart out in one of the alleys, or in some other place. He wouldnt have his phone or any money with him. I hope that hes ok. And that i'll find him.

I begin to walk, then jog, then run, tearing past the highstreet and losing myself in the maze of streets surrounding me.

Somewhere in the distance I hear crying. I wipe sweat off my forehead and begin to run in the direction of the noise. It gradually gets louder until I know im only a few streets away. Im positive that its luke.

When I finally come to the source of the sobs, im proven wrong.

Its a girl, who has makeup running down her face. Her eyes are red and puffy and her hair is a tangled mess. She holds her phone limply in her hand, as if she doesnt care if it falls and is shattered into thousands of pieces.

"You havent seen a boy anywhere, blonde, tall, wearing a grey sweatshirt and no shoes have you?"

I ask her quickly. In reply she touches her cheek in a daze and mutters

"He was blonde and tall..." She begins to cry again.

"Look, this is serious. Please..." my voice falters at the end. Im so scared for luke, he doesnt deserve the pain. He's still so weak, and so pale that he might just faint somewhere and we'll never know. I need him to be ok.

"I saw a kid down here twenty minutes ago" she sighs and stares fixedly at the ground. I thank her and run off, twenty minutes is a long time and a lot couldve happened. My feet skid around a corner and I see him.Luke. I rush over to him. Hes staring blankly at nothing in particular and its freaking me out.

I notice the dark bruises on lukes collarbones, and the emptiness of his blue eyes. His beautiful eyes. I feel a breaking in my chest seeing him like this.

"Lukey, what happened?" i mutter. I hope my growing suspicion is wrong.

"He...he raped me Ashton" luke slumps against the wall hes leaning against. " He was drunk, and it hurt so much" lukes bottom lip trembles as tears slip from his eyes and roll silently down his cheeks.

"Who luke, who did it" i shout, so mad that luke has been hurt even more.

"My dad..."

Lukes pov

Ashton leans down, his eyes brimming with guilt. His fingers raise my chin up. He stares intently into my ugly, murky eyes and wipes my tears away with the pad of his finger.

And then he kisses me.

His lips connect with mine, soft and sweet and amazing, and i melt. Iv never felt so wanted, so needed, so loved. Ashton pulls away, his eyes opening in horror. Guess im so hideous that he instantly regrets that.

"Ohmygod luke im so sorry! I didnt mean, i mean i did, but i didnt, oh fuck im screwed!" Ashton exclaims tripping over his words. I look at the ground sadly. The kiss was beautiful, not rough and lust filled like the ones my dad gave me. There are hickeys on my neck, dark patchy bruises, that will make people think that im a complete slut. He took something that was definatly not meant for him, and left me there, bawling my eyes out because i felt so ashamed.

Flashback

He stumbled over, drunk to his eyeballs and still chugging a can of some cheap beer. He grabbed me by my shoulders and pushed me hard into the wall. I was shaking like a leaf. He gripped my hair with one hand, and pinned me down with the other. He pulled my head to the side roughly and began to suck viciously on my neck. I squirmed under his grip but he had complete hold over me.

Soon afterwards, my own father had taken my virginity in an abusive, painful manner and left me to slide down the wall, tears pouring as i felt used, abused and worthless. Hed been so rough. I stared at a random spot on the ground and tried to block all the terrible memories. But i still heard my own screams and pleas echoing around me

end of flashback

I begin to cry again, hating how weak i feel right now. Ashton looks horrified, as if its his fault. He must think this is about the kiss. But its not. iv got bigger problems right now.

"Its... not....you" i manage to gasp out and slowly Ashton slips his arm around my shoulders so i bury my face in his chest and sob until i physically have no more tears left to shed. He strokes my greasy hair softly and mutters soothing words in my ear until iv calmed down. He turns me so im facing him.

"Look luke, your so beautiful to me. I know im partly the reason that you feel ugly, but i promise that your not. Your so amazing. Your dad was so wrong luke, and he must be really dumb if he cant see how perfect you are." Ashton gazes into my eyes the whole time, piercing through to my soul. I smile a little, and lean in.

This time, im kissing him.

Jacks pov

Dad comes in, drunk and crying.My father is crying. Wow. He slumps onto the sofa.

"It was him" he sighs miserably.

I cant comfort him. After all that hes done to luke, i hardly consider him as my father. He looks at me and i groan inwardly. Since when did dad become an emotional drunk?

"It was luke" he whispers. I grow angry.

"What did you do to him?" i growl threateningly.

"I raped him i think. It was him wasnt it" He says it so calmly. I am so close to punching his face off right now.

"You did what?" i exclaim loudly.

"I raped him. And i left him there."