Chapter 11

Luke's pov

I hear Calum and Mikey's conversation with Jack. I know it's him. Who else would come looking for me?

I'm pretty sure I look like a mess. My cheeks are still red, and tearstained, my eyes are probably red aswell and my hair will be all over the place since I just woke up. I couldn't care less. I'm just worried that I'll have to go home. I don't think I'll ever be ready to stand up to my dad. I need to, but I can't. I'm too weak. If I go, Jack will protect me, but he can't be there forever. No one can.

No one can save me.

Does it even matter if he hurts me? I'm broken to the point of madness, I'm hanging on to sanity by a thread. One day I'll lose it, become a psychotic madman and there's not a thing anyone can do. The dreams are already getting to me, soon I won't be able to tell dreams and reality apart. If I go, jacks mind will be at ease, and the boys won't have to deal with me any more. I'm an useless weight, an extra thing to worry about. I'm really not worth it.

"I'll come." I say, walking up to the door. Mikey and Calum turn to me in shock. Jack sees me and grins. "Really?"

"Yeah. You guys have done way too much for me. Thank you so much" I say. Ashton runs up to me. "Luke! You can't go. What if he...does it again? Who will protect you?" He says softly. I stare at him, bewildered. "He...he wouldn't...not again.." Jack says, his face paling rapidly. " He seemed so sorry...no, you'll be fine" he clenches his teeth and basically drags me outside, forgetting about my wrists. I whimper in pain and he lets go immediately. "Come on," he mutters. I follow him and look back at the boys who look extremely nervous. "If anything happens you can come back!" Calum shouts.

I hope that this won't end nastily.

Jacks pov

I'm terrified of what might happen to Luke. What Ashton said is highly probable, and it's true I can't watch him every minute of the day. Just because of my selfish reasons did I bring him back. I really needed to see that he's ok. He's got faint bruises on his neck, but that's about it. I'm glad Ashton and his friends gave him a safe place to heal. Otherwise, he'd be lying somewhere, too broken to move.

"Um..Jack" Luke begins quietly "what if dad...does it?" There are tears in his eyes. He looks terrified. Because of my selfish reasons I'm bringing him home, and he might get hurt. Again.

"He won't" I say as confidently as possible. It's not true of course, the certainty in my voice is feigned. I cant judge whether dads regret was genuine or not. Its possible that he was pretending so that id believe he was sincere and bring luke home. Well, mission accomplished. I might be the reason for Luke being caused even more pain. For once i just hope my supspicions are false.

We get home,and walk inside. Its eerily quiet.It seems that no one is home. Or so i think. Dad comes stumbling out of the kitchen, a bottle of cheap vodka in each hand. His eyes are red from a mixture of lack of sleep, and pure drunkness. I grimace in disgust; this man has done what no father should ever do to his own son, and i cant find any pity or love in my heart for him. I watch him falling over his own feet, tripping and grabbing onto lukes shoulders to balance himself. Luke visibly flinches, and I push dad off him. He gapes, shocked as he lies on the floor. My stare is cold, and I pull luke away from him. He grabs my ankle and stops me going anywhere. He stands up and looks at me with anger in his eyes. I try hard not to shake in terror. He hoists me up by the neck roughly and slams me into the wall with a large impact. I hear lukes scream and in a sudden burst of strength I prise his fingers of my throat and punch him hard in the face. I run as fast as I can up the stairs and into my room, locking the door and leaning back on it,panting heavily. And then remember. Luke.

Lukes pov(sorry for the switches)

Jack runs away,leaving me with an angry dad and no means of escape. Its like being locked in a cage with a hungry lion. He growls and pushes me hard, into the wall. My head contacts it and im dizzy.