Chapter 6

Immediate continuation from last chapter

"What! Why didnt you tell us?!" Ben said looking shocked. Horrified.

"Im sorry!" I said with tears running down my face. I felt so broken. Id tried once before. It had been the self hang method, but I didnt hang the rope properly and the result was a bruise around my neck.

Jack hugged me as I sobbed my heart out.

Ashtons pov

I had to do it. Call Mikey and Cal I mean. They had to know what we'v done to an innocent boy like Luke.

"Mikey?"

"Whats up Ash?"

"You need to come to the hospital now."

"Ohmygod Ashy are you ok?"

"Its not me just please come as soon as you can".

"Ok I'll get Calum."

Mikeys pov

I wondered why Ash needed us to come to the hospital. Maybe its his mum, Lauren or Harry? But he'd be full scale panicking in that case. He sounded really sad on the phone. Guilty.

I parked my car and saw Calum who was waiting for me. We entered together and spotted Ashton.

"Dude whats up?" Calum asked.

"Just follow me. Please."

So we did.

We ended up outside a room and Ashton opened the door. The kid lying in the bed....

That kid was Luke.

There were thick bandages wrapped around each wrist, it wasnt hard to guess what he had been admitted for.

And it was all because of us.

It was never meant to go this far. I only did it because of what he did to Ashton. But we never thought it would lead to something like this.

So Im practically a murderer. Luke looked terrified when we came in and who could blame him? We drove him to this, its simple luck that means that he's here.

"Just go" one of the two blondies that vaguely resemble luke mutter. He must have noticed lukes tensed up position and his scared expression. You'd honestley think that we were about to hit him. We turn to leave. But Calum is staring. Calum is gaping and suddently he turns and runs out of the room.

Calums pov

I think back to the thousands of times i told luke to kill himself. Guess my wish came true, didnt it?

The reason I ran out is that I looked into lukes eyes. He looked so shattered inside. He wasnt fragile anymore cause we'd pushed him too far; and he was broken beyond repair.

If it makes my actions even the slightest bit more understandable, Im in love with Ashton. I hated luke for stealing his heart and even more for breaking it. I wanted Ashton so bad, but I'll never be more than a brother to him.

See, we were all hurting inside so bad. Luke just got hurt physically but now I realise that words get to people. After all, Ashtons words of praise about luke got to me. And luke was too good at hiding his pain, too good at pretending that our words didnt really hurt when he'd punish himself later over them. Its just so hard to look at him without punching him in the face. He stole my love, and I'll never get him back now.

Soz for the typos! I know this is crap. Just understand that Im 13 therefore this