Chapter 10(again)

I've just realised chapter 10 was deleted so I'm rewriting. Sorry!

Ashton's pov

I kissed him. I kissed Luke, and HE KISSED BACK.

I can't stop touching my lips and smiling. Not the smartest move while I'm driving but I can't help it.

"Um..Ashton where are you taking me?" Luke says quietly and I detect the fear in his voice. He must think I'm driving him to his house. I highly doubt that he calls it home. But there is no way I'd even think about him going back to a place where all this started.

"Of course not! Your coming home with me, that's final."

"Thank you," he mutters. He sinks into the seat and stares out of the window, scratching at his wrists. I hope theyre not causing him too much discomfort right now. I bet his ass hurts like hell. Well, I wouldn't know of course..

I decide to check my phone, since I bet it's been blown out with calls and texts. I'm proven right once i see how many I've got from mum, Calum, Michael and jack (yes we exchanged numbers). I read through the texts is got from my friends first.

The doctor called us to say Luke got dismissed from hospital because his dad never made any payments.

Ashton! Where r u?

R u with Luke?

Dude, just check ur fucking phone, goddammit!

Give us a call when u get these

Bro ur mums having a fit

What the hell, Ashton! ANSWER ME!!!!!

At least I know they are worried about me.

My mum and Jack have just called, but I'm ignoring jack after what I saw in the hospital room. Him standing there and not caring a fuck if Luke got beat up or not. Besides, he'll probably only care about where Luke is, and since he's in the car with me, I don't need to hear it from him. I press on my mums contact and chuckle when she answers immediately.

"Ashton where are you? Come home now! What are you doing? Are Calum and Michael with you?"

"Mum, relax I'm driving home. I..was visiting a friend in hospital. Speaking of that, can I bring him over?"

"Right after being in hospital? Won't his parents want him home?"

I glance at Luke, who doesn't seem to be listening, so I mutter "Il tell you later. But it's important. Please?"

"Ok, fine honey. Just be home soon. By the way, the friend isn't Calum or Michael is it?"

"No it's my mate Luke. You..won't know him. Your cars not in the driveway, is it?"

"It's not. See you soon Ashton!" She hangs up. I then text Calum and Mikey, telling them to be at my house, since il have to explain what happened to them aswell. They reply immediately, telling me they'll be there. I pull into the driveway and grin when I see my mum already standing outside waiting for me. I help like out of the car once I'm out myself and I see out of the corner of my eye, my mums expression turning to sympathy. What she sees is a pale, underfed boy with bruises and scars, instead of the beautiful, broken angel he is. He has his faults, but to me Luke is perfect. I hope my mum will see that after I've explained.

I lead Luke upstairs to my bedroom. Our house isn't big, but I don't mind. I grew up here, and it holds hundreds of memories, like the time Mikey got stuck at the back of our sofa or when we caused the lightbulb to fall of the ceiling. I push him towards the bed and then gently shut the door. He needs to sleep, and I need to talk. I hear Calum and Michael arriving, and pull them and my mum into the kitchen.