Chapter 5

Lukes pov

When I wake up, I expect to see a devil standing over me, or some sign that shows that Im dead. Instead, im greeted by the bleak stark white of a hospital room. I can see iv's dripping into my skin and there are thick bandages wrapped around my wrists and it all comes pouring back to me.

my attempt at suicide. It didnt work.

My breathing gets quicker and terror engulfs my insides. I wonder who bothered to call an ambulance. Not Jack or Ben, not after yesterday.

A nurse walks into the room and smiles nervously at me, clearly worried about my state of mind.

I feel like crying. Now i'll never get a chance to properly kill myself because people will take away my blades, and watch me and......

"Luke Hemmings?"

I just nodded at the man who was presumably the docter who just walked in.

"Some people are here to see you. How are you feeling?"

"M'fine" I mumbled arkwardly. Who cared enough to come visit me in hospital?

The docter left, and Jack and Ben walked into the room.

"Lukey! We were so worried!" Jack said with tears in his eyes.

"We're still worried. Why did you do it?" Ben asked, confused. Like he didnt know.

"No one would care, would they?" I say softly.

"We'd care! Oh my god, which ass hole made you feel like that?"

"I tried before." My voice is barely audible, but both my brothers freeze.

"What!Lukey why didnt you tell anyone!" Ben exclaimed looking shocked. Horrified.

"Im sorry." There were tears in my eyes. I felt so broken. Id only tried 3 times, once trying the self hang method, once trying to swallow an overdose of pills and of course this attempt which led me into this state. God why cant I do anything right?

Ashtons pov

I call Mikey and Cal and tell them to come to the hospital asap. They arrive, looking flustered and worried. After they spot me they are clearly relieved. They must have thought something had happened to me.

"Ash you scared us!"ikey laughed whilst hugging me.

"So if its not you why are we here?" Calum asks scratching his head.

"You'll see." I say and lead them to the room the nurse said luke was in. Opening the door I see Jack and some other dude who also must be lukes brother hugging a sobbing Luke who looks so fragile. His skin is really pale; and hes far too skinny. Jack stands up seeing me and clears his throat. Behind me Mikey and Cal have horrified expressions.

"He tried to commit suicide yesterday. I found him because I came to his house to talk to him. Mikey and Cal, I think we caused this or at least helped." I said my face crumpling. Luke turns his piercing blue eyes towards me. I see hes shattered inside. Broken beyond fixing. But I'll try. I'll try so hard.

Michaels pov

Luke tryed to kill himself. Im part of the reason he did it. Im practically a murderer. I didnt know ,well I did, but I never thought it would go that far.

The only reason I did it was because he broke Ashtons heart. It was a month after we started secondary school. They werent dating, heck they hardly knew eachother but I knew that Ashton was crazy over his looks. Ashton walked up to him and asked him out. He was so brave to do that but Luke just completley ignored that and ran away from him looking really upset. Like, oh my gosh, Ashton the freak asked me out! Am I that ugly? It broke Ashtons heart in two. For a week, he stayed in his room and didnt talk to anyone. But when he finally got out he was mad. Real mad. He said he was going to hurt luke. And he did. But I swear we were just supporting Ashton.

Luke frankly looks terrified at our presence and who could blame him? 1 of the blonde dudes who stood in the room turned around to face us. He clenched his fists and his expression darkened. I turned to leave, because I have no right to come in here.

Calums pov

It hurt so bad to see Ashton so upset over Luke. He'll never love me, im just his mate. He likes Mikey so much more than me. If only he wasnt so blatently oblivious.

I love Ashton. More than a friend. Iv known this for ages, and its way past the stage of crush. I really love him. His laugh, his smile his everything. He's so beautiful and cute. I try so hard to forget but I just cant. And he really loves Luke. And luke is so much better than me, even with the bruises and his pin like build.

Thats why I hate luke. Cause in the end, hes the only one who got hurt physically, but all of us are in so much pain mentally. I dont think he had a reason for suicide. Right?

Then something clicks in my mind. His wrists. There were scars underneath the bandage. He's been cutting before the whole suicide thing.

My heart fills with horror. We all hurt but we dont hate ourselves.

Ever wondered why he's so skinny?

No. He cant be....

Oh, but he is. He's anorexic.