Chapter 5: Capture the Flag

The next morning Lilith Holler was up getting ready for another day at camp. She put on her jacket over the orange camp half-blood T-shirt. "Why do you always wear that jacket?" Lou Ellen asked her.

"It keeps me warm all the time and it's the only thing I got from our mom."

"Oh." Lou Ellen replied. "We should get going so we can get some training going."

With that almost everyone left the cabin. "Sorry." One of her half siblings said before leaving.

Lilith sat down on the bed for a moment. She thought that her mother had given everyone something so that they would have something. Apparently she was wrong to think that. But that made her wonder something: Why did I get something and not others? Surly mom caries for all of us the same? She didn't know the answer but she wanted to find out.

Lilith made her way down to the archery field. Her cabin was already there but the were not alone. The instructor would be a member of the Apollo cabin. But with them was Annabeth who was a child of Athena instead. Lilith hurried down to find out what was going on. "What are you going to give us if we do join your side?"

"If we win you can take our place in the showers when we have a better spot then you."

"Who's on your side?" the counselor of their cabin asked.

"Ares, Percy Jackson, and we're working on getting Hephaestus and Demeter on our side."

"As long as Drew and her cabin aren't on our team, Then I'll join."

"Agreed." Annabeth said holding out her hand. Lou Ellen shook her hand and then Annabeth left.

"Alright!" The person over looking the activity. "We have a lot to go over today. So everyone grab a bow and lets get started."

Lilith grabbed a bow that wasn't to big her being not that big compared to others. She grabbed some arrows. They weren't made of celestial bronze but they could still poke an eye out. The Apollo kid checked to make sure that she was holding it correctly. After telling her that she was holding it wrong and fixing it correctly. He moved on to others. Once he was done he then told them to shoot when he told them to.

"Fire!"

Five arrows were launched into the air at the targets. all of them hit the targets but only a few got the bull's eye. One of them was Lilith's. Apollo's kid nodded in approval. They did this for an hour or so. Then they stopped.

"Alright campers let's make sure are armor is ready for to night. Once it's done you can do what you want to." Lou Ellen told them. As they started to go she then added something. "Lilith can I talk to you?"

"Yeah sure." she replied, but she was feeling scared that she did something wrong. "Did I do something wrong?"

"No, I was just wondering do you have good control on your powers?"

"I don't even know how to use them."

"That's alright how about I teach you how to use them?"

"Um... sure I guess."

"Great!"

They had made their way to the arena so that way Lilith wouldn't set the camp on fire. Lilith closed her eyes and imagined the target  turning to a pill of flowers. She then opened her eyes and then waved her hand at her target. The target changed but not into flowers. Instead it turned into a pile of ashes.

"Well it seems like you deal with fire magic."

"Why is that?"

"I don't know it's interesting. But I'm sure we'll find out some day."