Chapter 11: The Hunters

A few days later after the celebration people were starting to get back into normal. There was training all day. Lilith was getting better at mastering her powers. It was because of this that she rarely saw Edmond around anymore.

However today they finally got the day off and we're planing on catching up and hanging out. She was already making her way there when she saw him talking with another girl and having a laugh. Maybe, they're just friends and he happened to meet her? But that didn't seem to be the case as they continued to talk for a few more minutes.

"I don't have anything going on." She told him, "Do you?"

"No, I have nothing planed."

So she was nothing then, well she would show him. "I don't believe it!" She shouted revealing that she was there. "You said we would hang out to day and then you say you have nothing going on. You're going to pay for that."

"Lilith you don't understand." Edmond tried to explain while the girl he was with ran away.

"I understand perfectly you backstabber." Her eyes started to glow. "For this you shall be cursed! You shall no longer have your charm on anyone and anyone that looks at you shall laugh at you."

Edmond shook in fear and turned white and then passed out. Lilith's eyes stopped glowing. She looked at what she had done and fear ran through her. She had cursed him and she could not undue it. Nor would she if she could but she would get in trouble for sure. She had to run. She turned and fled, tears forming she let them spill down her face.

She could see Thalia's tree and ran to it. She sat down and began to cry. The tears ran down her face. She felt someone touch her shoulder gently. She looked up and saw a girl with a bow on her back. "Come with me Lilith Holler."

"How do you know my name?"

"I'm Artemis, the goddess of the hunt. I have something to talk to you about."

Lilith got to her feet and followed after the goddess. They arrived at a camp and the entered the tent in the middle. As they did a girl followed them into the tent. Artemis and the girl sat down side by side and she sat down across from them.

"Lilith this is Thalia my head huntress."

"Your head huntress of what?"

"The hunters of Artemis. We're a group of girls who fight along side her."

"Yes, we have a few perks. Like you'll never age or die of old age. The only way you could die is if you brake your vow or if you die in combat."

"What's the vow?"

"To swear off men and all relationships."

"Will that include my step-brother?"

"I can allow you to see him once a year if you join us."

"Once a year is better than nothing. So what do I say to join?"

"Say this: I pledge myself to the goddess Artemis." Thalia instructed her.

"I pledge myself to the goddess Artemis."

"I turn my back on the company of men, accept eternal maidenhood, and join the Hunt." Lilith repeated the lines.

"I accept your pledge." Artemis replied. "Now Lilith you should get some food and some sleep. Tomorrow we shall continue our hunt."

Lilith nodded and exited the tent with Thalia. They headed over to the fire where meat was betting cooked. She took a plate and began to eat it feeling famished. She smiled knowing she was with sisters she could count on.