Chapter 7: The Quest and the Garden State

The next day Lilith was getting ready to go on her quest. She didn't have much because all of her things were at her home in Michigan. A wave of home sickness hit her like a hurricane. Lou Ellan seemed to have noticed. "Everything okay Lilith?"

"I just remembered about my home and my folks." she told her. "I've been so busy with camp and focused about this quest that I haven't thought about them a lot. I bet they're worried about me."

"Well when this quest is over you might be able to call them or go back to them."

"But what would I tell them? They wouldn't belive me if I started talking about Greek gods and monsters."

"Just tell them you were scared of what happend and that you ran away. You could also use the mist on them once you get better hang of it."

"Thanks Lou Ellen. I'm sorry you can't come with me to save mom."

"Just make sure you save her Lilith." Lou Ellen hugged her and then ran to go join the other members of the cabin. Lilith put her Camp Half-blood back pack on her back. She grabbed the key on a the golden string and put it on her neck but hid it out of sight. The prophecy had talked about a key maybe this was the one. She looked at the clock in the cabin and saw that she was going to be late. She hurried out the cabin door to go towards the entrance.

Lilith was the second to arrive. When the last member of her group came to the entrance she couldn't wait to go. But before she could say anything she saw someone coming up the hill. It was Kevin Treetop. "Hey Lilith and everyone else." He greated.

"What are you doing here?" she asked. "I'm only supose to take two other people with me."

"Yes I know that I'm only going part of the way with you then I'm off."

"Aright where do we leave you?" asked Haris

"New Jersey." He replied.

"Alright, we have a bus to catch there anyway." Harris agreed.

"Well let's get on with it." Kevin said. He then ran off towards the van outside of the camp. Lilith and her group followed after him.

The drive was okay. Argus was driving them and Lilith felt like at least two of his eyes were on her all the time. Finally they reached New Jersey. Lilith was the first one out of the car and started to head right. "Where are you going?" Kevin asked.

"To the bus station." She replied.

"The bus is not that way."

"Then where is it?" Lilith asked him turning towards him.

"That way." He replied pointing a different way.

"Alright then we will go that way." She headed that way and Harris and her other group member, a boy, followed after her.

They finally made it to a bus stop after a few miles. There wasn't one there so they had to wait for one. Harris didn't seem to like this as he kept looking around. "So," she said turning to the Aphrodite kid, "What's your name?"

"I'm Edmond Bard." He replied.

"Nice to have you Edmond." She replied.

He nodded and looked forward and out into the distance. Looking at Edmond he was cute for a boy about his age. He had brown hair and blue eyes. His shoulders were broad. She noticed that she had been staring at him for quite some time. She opened her mouth to ask him so more questions but the bus had arrived. They boarded the bus and sat down. Harris didn't relax until the bus began to drive again.