Chapter 8: The Dracnea

The train stopped unexpectedly two days later in the morning. Lilith was sleeping when the train started the unexpected stop. She woke up and after a moment of remembering where she was she quickly put the way key by putting it under her shirt. Her team started to wake up which she was grateful for. She didn't want them to know about the key even though she didn't think it was the key the prophecy was talking about she didn't want them to know about it.

"What's going on?" Harris asked. "Why has the train stopped, there shouldn't be a stop here."

Before either or them could reply to him the speakers in the train came on. "We apologize for the inconvenience. But we are having minor mechanical issues. We should be able to get the train up and running shortly but please remain calm."

"Do you think it's mechanical issues?" Edmond asked nervously.

"No I don't." Harris answered quickly and brought out his sword. "We need to get off the train."

"Attention everyone pleasse make ssssure to ssstay on the train." A loud female voice hissed. Lilith reached for her dagger, which was in the shape of the emerald, but another came past her almost getting her hair. "I wouldn't do that if I were you." said the woman that the voice belong to. Her upper half looked human but the lower half was a snake tail.

"Back away from her." Edmond threatened. He had a short sword in his had. How he got it she didn't know but she hoped that the Dracnea would be more careful considering that there were two armed demigods ready to attack her. Sadly the Dracnea didn't seem to care about that.

"Now why would I do that? This demigod could ruin everything for our massster and I'm not going to let that happen."

"And we're not going to let you kill our new friend."

"The you two will die with her."

Lilith closed her eyes and summoned Greek fire. The monster let out a hiss. Her focus on the fire made her miss the fact that Harris was close to her with his sword. He swung and she didn't see it coming until it was too late. He cut her in half and the monster exploded leaving dust all over the train.

The lights on the train came back on and and the train started to move again. The passengers were still looking at them with confused looks. "I'll deal with it." Lilith told them. She knew the mist could manipulate the mortal mind, which she could control. She wasn't how ever sure that she could do it but was willing to try.

She focused her mind on making them think that someone was playing with a pinata. However the only difference the train passengers seemed to get was a glazed look in their eye. She let out a sigh and they decided to jump off the train at the next stop. When the train finally reached their destination Lilith got off as fast as she could that she forgot about her bag. Harris had to hand it to her.

Edmond frowned. "Is everything okay Lilith?"

"Yeah," Lilith lied. "I'm just tired. Trying to use the mist on their minds takes a lot out of them."

Edmond seemed to by it but Harris looked concerned for her. He didn't push the issue, which she was grateful for. In truth she wasn't okay at all. It wasn't the fact that she failed to wipe the minds of the people on the train but what the dracnea said. So many thoughts ran though her head. What did she mean by I could ruin everything? I'm just a child of Hecate with no training.

Ah, you've had some training, said part of her brain, not a lot true. But you're still a daughter of Hecate.

That still doesn't explain how I can ruin everything. Or how the person that kidnapped my mother knew where we were though.

Lilith let out a long sigh. Harris and Edmond looked shocked that she had made noise. They were moving through the wild, now long gone from the train station. Edmond opened his mouth to ask her something when Lilith fell through the earth. She closed her  eyes and imagined that she was right next to Edmond and Harris. When she opened her eyes she was next to them. Her vision blurred and her knees buckled. And then everything went black.

When the blackness went away she found her self laying down next to a fire. Harris and Edmond were eating from bowls. She sat up slowly, her head throbbing. She headed to the fire. "You're awake."

"What happened?" she winced as she asked that. She scoped up the soup that was in the pot.

"You passed out." Edmond explained. "You used to much of your power in one day."

"I gave you some nectar to help. Then I went to a store to get some food. I also found out where we are. Bountiful Utah."

"We're going to need to find a ride to the rest of Washington." Lilith commented and finished the rest of her dinner.

"We'll have to worry about that tomorrow. we should get some sleep." Lilith nodded and went back to the bed she had woken up on. She put her jacket on over her, Harris had taken it off to help her, and then curled up ready to go to sleep. She heard Harris put out the fire and then it she closed her eyes and fell asleep. And that's when the dream started.