★5.5★ The wait is worth it

There was a Maji burger that opened for 24 hours so Kasamatsu decided to get something to eat there. He didn't eat much on the plan because he was asleep for most of the time. He didn't want to be disturbed by anyone asking him if he wanted anything so he kept the 'Do not disturb' sticker on the head of his seat the whole time. 

"I'll try and be quick, you're probably tired." Kasamatsu said, sitting opposite to her and set his tray down. "Here." He got her a vanilla shake. She didn't want to eat so he thought he'd get her a drink instead.

"It's fine, senpai. Please take your time." She didn't want to sleep, she was afraid this was only a dream and he's actually not back yet. There were times when she dreamt about him coming back but she will always be woken up back to the reality by the cruelty of the alarm clock. 

"I'm really here, you know?" Kasamatsu reassured her that was not away and he's by her side again. "Heh, you might have outgrown your baby face but you are still Airi. I'm glad you haven't changed that much."

"Hm..." She drank the vanilla shake from the straw and glanced at him every now and again. He hasn't changed much in terms of appearance, he's still well toned, his hairstyle was the same... The only difference she can point out was he's still taller than her. She's glad to see he hasn't changed much either, especially his love for her. 

"Hey." 

"Senpai?" 

"Quit staring at me, without saying a thing!" 

"Eh? I wasn't staring-" 

"Don't you lie to me! I'll hit you!" He gave her a light kick from under the table. 

"Ouch! You're so mean! Want me to throw you back to the plane?!" 

"What's this? You will end up balling your eyes like last time!" He kicked her again. 

"Hehe..." 

"Stupid Airi..." Kasamatsu muttered as he continued to chew his burger. 

"Senpai is so mean..." She smiled though; he definitely was Kasamatsu Yukio, the guy who will hit you whenever he feel the need to. "Um..." She took out the mp3 player that he gave her. "This song, I really love it." 

"..." Kasamatsu nearly choked on his cola; why did she bring that out? Has she been keeping that mp3 player on her person the whole time? 

"I've added a few songs in it myself but I love your song the best. Senpai, you really are good at singing!" 

"D-don't embarrass me..." 

"I am not. I am stating the obvious." 

"Geez... You really missed me that much?" 

"It was the only thing I have left from you. Of course I would keep it. Will you give me another song in the future?" 

"I'll hit you in the present." 

"Please don't do that..." She laughed. "I'll take that as a 'yes', okay?"

"I didn't say anything-"

"I love you, Yukio-senpai~♥"

"You're not even listening to me!?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So this is Tsukihana's student apartment..." He was going to stay in a hotel but she insisted he should stay at her apartment.

Airi was a little unsure about living by herself at first but once she got the hang of it, she's starting to like living alone. She does get a little homesick but she's enjoying the life of a student.