cherry valance

summary: greaser girl falls for the preppy girl

summary: greaser girl falls for the preppy girl. cherry's dealing with boy problems and you're secretly dealing with girl problems

[READER IS DEFINITELY GAY IN THIS LMAO I HAD TO MAKE SOMETHING ABOUT MY GIRL CHERRY]

(Heavily based on the song Sleepover by Hayley Kiyoko)

Tap tap tap.

I knocked on Cherry's window, a smile on my face. She was laying on her bed, propped up against the headboard as she skimmed through a textbook, schoolwork scattered around her.

Her eyes shot up and she smiled when she saw me.

She came over to the window and opened it, seeming happy to see me.

"Gosh Y/n, what's with you and coming through my window like that?" She asked as I climbed in. I chuckled.

"Well, you wouldn't want your parents knowing your hanging around a greaser like me, would you?" I walked over to her bed and sat down, peeling off my jacket. I crawled to the top of the bed, leaning against the headboard now as she shut the window and collapsed onto the end of her bed.

"I guess you're right. I hate that I can't just spend time with who I choose. Why do labels have to get in the way of everything? It shouldn't matter if you're a greaser or not, you're a good person. Isn't that all that really matters at the end of the day?" She propped herself up on her elbows and she looked at me, her chin resting against her two hands.

God, she was adorable when she wasn't even trying to be.

"You're right, but that's just how things are Cherry. Sometimes in society's eyes, the personality of someone doesn't matter. The fact that how we're viewed is based on our financial status is just a sad truth we have to get used to." I shrugged, putting my hands behind my head as I looked at Cherry.

"Enough talking about sad things, let's move onto something more lighthearted." Cherry got up from the bed, making her way over to her vanity mirror. She sat down in the chair in front of the mirror.

"What do you got in mind for a new topic of conversation?" I asked. I could see her smile shyly to herself through the mirror.

"Well, something's been bothering me lately..."

"Boy problems, I presume?" I smirked and she blushed from embarrassment.

"Seems like you read my mind."

"I can read you like a book, Cherry. Hate to break it to you, but from knowing you for years I think I know a thing or two about how to read your emotions." I spoke confidently and she giggled.

"My problem is I really love Bob, I really do. It's just..."

"You're still caught up on Dallas Winston, huh?" She had mentioned this before. She was struggling with her emotions and as much as she acted like she hated Dallas, I knew she was fascinated by the danger of the boy. Something about the reckless greaser caught her interest and I couldn't help but feel jealous. I wanted to be the greaser she fell for.

"Isn't Dallas a bit of a prick?" I asked, sprawling out across the bed. I made it so I was hanging off the side of the bed, looking at her upside down. She looked at me in the mirror and smiled, causing me to smile back.

"I bet there's more to him. He just has a rough exterior." She sighed dreamily and my smile faltered.

"I know Dallas, and no one's been able to break down that rough exterior. Besides, you deserve someone who won't make you fight for their care. You deserve someone who will treat you like a princess. Someone who thinks you're beautiful every second of the day, even during those times when you wake up and your hair's all messy and you don't have on any makeup. Someone that... That absolutely adores you and doesn't hesitate to show it. You deserve the world in a relationship."

Cherry turned to look at me, her cheeks dusted a light shade of pink. God, she was gorgeous. I didn't care if people thought it was wrong for me to love a girl like this, especially when I'm a greaser and she's a soc. She was just so... Perfect.

"Well, if you know anyone like that I'm all ears."

A sigh passed my lips.

"Do you know anyone that would love me like that and not be afraid to show it?" She asked. I held eye contact with her.

"Can't say that I do." I lied. "But I bet you'll find him one day."

"I sure hope so. I've just been so confused, it feels like I can't find the right boy for me. I try not to worry about it too much, I still have lots of time in my life to find someone."

"Yeah." I agreed, although I was in the complete opposite situation. Everything I wanted was sitting only a few feet away from me, but I could never have her. I had found the perfect girl, but I wasn't what she wanted.

She had been my best friend for years, but I wanted something more. I knew I'd never have that, though. She wanted to be friends forever, but I could think of something so much better than that.

At least I had her in my head, right?

I'd never get to have her in real life anyway.