thank you

when jungguk wakes up the three bedroom apartment is void of activity. the clock to his right reads as 11:43, so he figures that he should pull himself out of bed and get to work on the things he is set to accomplish during the day. he makes his way to the small kitchen that the dwelling hosts, where he sees a small paper bag and a note.

hey, gguk

sorry i couldn’t be around today, i have a lot to do at work, but i made yoongi call out sick this morning so you won’t be alone. i stopped by your favorite bakery before i had to head out and bought you something for breakfast, i hope it’s to your liking. i’ll see you when i get home this evening.

namjoon

p.s. text me the details of whatever therapist you found, i’ll make the call for you.

jungguk smiles, making a mental note to message his friend. he opens the bag in front of him and is delighted to find a banana nut muffin inside. he pulls it out and immediately takes a bite, humming in satisfaction as the delightful taste fills his mouth. it doesn’t take him long to finish eating, he’s never been one to savor his food, and afterward, he contemplates his next move. he can either wake yoongi up and risk another lecture about the day before, or he can call taehyung, something he’s terrified of doing. he sits, considering his options, but soon realizes that he’s overthinking things. he has to do both in the end.

he decides to wake yoongi up first knowing that the older will probably want to be around when taehyung is on the phone. jungguk carefully makes his way into his friend’s bedroom, not wanting to make any loud noises. the blond is sprawled out amongst his sheets, his comforter abandoned on the floor. jungguk finds the sight laughable, though he refrains, not wanting the older to wake in a bad mood. once he’s by yoongi’s side he shakes him with a light touch to the shoulder.

“yoongs, it’s noon, you should get up,” yoongi mumbles in displeasure, opposed to the idea of getting out of bed. jungguk sighs. “well, i’m going to go call taehyung. i’ll leave you alone but you have to get your lazy ass up eventually.” the raven-haired boy only receives more incoherent sounds in response. he shakes his head in amusement as he leaves the room.

jungguk can’t imagine what his life would be like without yoongi, though he’s quite certain it would be miserable, or perhaps he’d already be six feet under. as rude and unwelcoming as yoongi can be, jungguk loves the blond man with all his heart. the older’s condition sits heavy with the younger, especially knowing that it’s his fault. he had never considered that his actions would have consequences on others until the day before. watching yoongi fall apart and seeing the pain in namjoon’s eyes brought some perspective to jungguk. he knows it will be hard, but, for his two best friends, jungguk is going to devote himself to getting better.

jungguk doesn’t know how long he’s been standing in the same spot, but he’s knocked back to reality when he feels a hand grip the back of his head. he refocuses himself and meets yoongi’s concerned eyes.

“you okay, gguk?”

“yeah, just thinking.” yoongi nods in understanding, though he remains cautious. jungguk can see the lingering worry etched on the blond’s face. “seriously, yoongi, i’m good.” he offers a reassuring smile, attempting to ease the older’s troubled mind.

“right.” yoongi still doesn’t pull away, however, his hand lingers, playing with jungguk’s hair, “you said you’re gonna call taehyung? what about the therapist?”

“i was just about to call taehyung, yeah, and joon said that he would take care of the therapist, which reminds me.” he pulls out his phone, copying the correct information from the website he found and sending it to namjoon. he then proceeds to pull a napkin from his pocket, the same one that had had numbers scribbled upon it with haste the day before. he looks up to yoongi feeling nervous. “let’s get this over with, yeah?” yoongi nods finally retracting his hand and making his way to the kitchen, most likely to brew a pot of coffee.