he's an artist

when namjoon opens the front door he finds jungguk and yoongi sitting in silence, immersed in the movie mulan as it plays on the screen in front of them. he slips off his shoes and makes his way over to the two, dropping himself on the couch in between them. jungguk startles at the action while yoongi remains unbothered, still giving his full attention to the television.

“hey, joon.” the raven-haired boy greets his friend, turning away from the movie for a moment. “how was work?”

“it was fine, gguk, a little stressful, but i survived.” namjoon adjusts his position, laying his head in jungguk’s lap and his legs over yoongi’s, “i called dr. kang earlier. he had an opening for friday at ten in the morning, i said that was fine, but i wasn’t sure if you have to work or not.”

“no, friday is fine. thanks, joon.” jungguk intertwines his fingers with namjoon’s, smiling at the comfort the contact brings.

“were you okay today?” the red-head tilts his gaze upward, observing the younger’s expression. jungguk meets his eyes, confident in his answer.

“yeah, today was good.”

“i had to watch him flirt. it was fucking disgusting,” yoongi speaks, not allowing namjoon to get a word out after the raven-haired boy’s response, “him and that taehyung guy.”

“we weren’t-” namjoon doesn’t allow jungguk to finish his rebuttal.

“so, you like taehyung, then?”

“i mean, yeah?” jungguk becomes flustered under the tall man’s gaze, “he’s cool, i guess. kinda funny? i don’t know, why does it matter?”

“i’m just teasing you, gguk. i’m glad you made a new friend,” jungguk retracts his hands, huffing in a childish manner as he crosses his arms. “aw, little junggukie,” namjoon reaches up to pinch the younger’s plump cheeks, laughing at the boy’s expression. “don’t pout, you know that doesn’t work on me,” jungguk lets out another huff in response, pushing his bottom lip out further. “alright, you asked for it.”

jungguk looks down in confusion, watching namjoon shift his position once more, removing himself from the younger’s lap. just as the pouting boy is about to ask namjoon what he’s doing, he feels fingers creep under his shirt and across his stomach. “no, don’t-” he’s unable to finish protesting, words being cut off by his own laughter. namjoon is relentless as he tickles jungguk, the commotion causing yoongi’s attention to finally divert from the screen.

yoongi smiles, deciding to join in on the fun. “worry not, good sir, i’ll save you!” the blond throws himself on top of namjoon, making a half-hearted attempt to stop the tickling. namjoon does, in fact, cease jungguk’s torment, though he wraps his arms tightly around younger’s waist, cementing the boy’s arms to his sides. they lay there for a good while, the only sound being jungguk’s heavy breathing. they don’t move until the raven-haired male has caught his breath, and he takes the opportunity to speak.

“fuck you, namjoon.” yoongi sniggers at the younger’s statement as he carefully removes himself from the mess, trying not to hurt anyone.

“ew, no, gguk, that’d be like incest.” namjoon twists his face in fake displeasure, removing himself from the younger.

“oh my god, that’s not what i meant, you asshole.” jungguk pushes the red-head, causing him to fall to the floor with a loud thud.

yoongi shakes his head at the two as he pulls his phone from his pocket. “well, i don’t know about the two of you, but i’m fucking starving. i’m gonna order some takeout. any requests?”

“kung pao chicken!” jungguk yells out.

“dude, you always want that. you have to have some sort of variety-”