I'm Secretly A Badass

"Flowers?" I questioned.

"Hello, Riley," he greeted.

"You're supposed to be dead."

"That's irrelevant. Give me the kid."

I glanced to the alien, "No. You'll have to kill me."

"Very well." Before I could fight back, he grabbed the front of my armor and threw me over the edge of the cliff. I landed hard on the cave floor below. It took me a few minutes to get my bearings, but once I did I ran to where we had stored Freelancer equipment. For emergency situations. This counted as an emergency. I glanced to the monitor on the way out. The Reds were at Blue base and they were fighting multiple Wyomings. Oh, not good. I ran up to Blue Base. I took out the Wyoming coming at Simmons's back. He turned to face me.

"Easy, love," I said, "It's just me."

"What is going on?" he asked.

I shrugged, "No idea. I intend to find out and kick some serious arse."

The rest of the Reds joined us.

"Knock, knock," came an electronic voice.

"Tank," Grif said.

The tank pointed its canon at us. Just as it fired I threw out my arms and activated my bubble shield. Without an A.I. I wouldn't be able to hold it long, but it was the best I had.

"Where did you get this?" Simmons asked.

"I've had it," I answered, "the only problem is without an A.I. I won't be able to hold it long. Then the tank will kill us."

"What are you doing with Freelancer equipment?" Sarge asked.

"That's not really important."

"Hey," I heard Caboose yell, "Big mean tank jerk. Why don't you pick on someone your own size?"

The tank headed toward Caboose. I dropped the shield and moved to the edge of the base. Tucker shut down the tank. I noticed Tex squaring off with the last Wyoming. I jumped off the base and joined Church and Tucker.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Where the hell have you been?" Church asked.

"Getting thrown off a cliff. Now, what's going on?"

"They want Junior," Tucker said, "Something about being the last part of the prophecy that failed. They want Junior to fulfill the prophecy then infect him with O'Malley. Then they can use him to enslave all the aliens by corrupting their religion from the inside."

I ground my teeth, "They're still trying to win the war at any cost. We should just have to stop O'Malley."

"Hey, is it bad that those two stopped fighting?" Grif asked motioning to Tex and Wyoming.

"Uhh...yeah." I looked over to the two Freelancers. Tex was motioning toward us. They both pulled out guns and aimed them at us. "Shit. Abo'dy huddle together. Now!" Thankfully, they all moved closer to me without any question. I threw up the bubble shield as soon as Tex and Wyoming opened fire.

"What the hell is their problem?" Church asked.

I watched where the bullets kept hitting. They weren't aiming for the guys. They were aiming for me. That meant they knew who I was. The only way out of this was to reveal that I was a Freelancer. The guys were going to hate me. Fuck it. It was time they knew. Although, I wasn't going to be able to take both Tex and Wyoming. I was good, but I wasn't that good. I needed to shut Tex down.

"Texas!" I yelled, "Run program Alpha Delta 0012 Beta."

She quit firing and dropped to the ground.