Santa

"Are you okay?" Grey asked.

"What happened?" Epsilon asked.

"Ah, well ah yeah," Caboose answered, "I went to the bathroom and then I met an alien and we became friends and he told me everything about the universe and the meaning of life and then..."

"Wait!" Tucker interrupted, "An alien?"

An alien A.I appeared behind Caboose. "Greetings."

All of us jumped back. "Whoa!" Epsilon, Grey, Tucker, and York exclaimed while Ryan and I yelled, "Jesus!"

"My apologies," the A.I said, "but is there anyone else I could speak to? Perhaps someone with a broader vocabulary?"

"Who..." I started, "What are ye?"

"He's an A.I," Epsilon said.

"Correct," the A.I. said, "I'm a construct left behind by my creators to ensure that their gifts are passed on only to those who are worthy."

"Yes," Caboose said matter-of-factly, "And that is why I have named him: Santa."

"Santa," I said slowly.

"Santa," Caboose repeated.

"Santa?" Tucker questioned.

"Yes, Santa."

"Santa," the A.I. stated.

We were all silent for a moment while we tried to process this.

"Santa," Epsilon said slowly, "the alien A.I. construct."

"It is an honor to meet you, noble warriors," Santa said as he bowed to us.

"Right," I said stepping back, "I'm gonna radio Kimball." I walked away from them and radioed Kimball. I told her what we had found, and she said she was moving on with the assault on Alpha. I headed back to the group. "Kimball's moving ahead with the assault. They should be reaching Alpha any minute."

"Then we gotta hurry," Tucker said.

"Are you sure there is no end to your questions?" Santa asked.

"You have no idea," Grey said.

"Alright," York told her, "let's not start foaming at the mouth."

"I can foam wherever I want, thank you very much."

Santa cleared his throat, "The legacy of my creators is scattered throughout the galaxy. Their history, their technology, all left behind for future species to discover. This planet, the one you've claimed as Chorus, was one of great importance. It is here that they've kept some of their most valued treasures."

"What kind of treasures we talking about?" Tucker asked, "Like Indiana Jones Golden Island treasures?" he groaned. "Or is it some stupid metaphorical stuff like 'The real treasure was friendship the whole time.'"

"My creators bequeathed many gifts and you will find each locked away within a temple. Lavernius Tucker, you triggered the Temple of Arms. With it's power you reactivated combat vehicles, weaponry and myriad of other technological models from the time long past. These are merely a fraction of the gifts behind by my creator.'

"That's amazing!" Grey exclaimed.

"So, then why'd you turn it off?" Tucker inquired.

"I encountered an anomaly," Santa asked, "The temples on this planet can only be activated with a key wielded by a true warrior. However, some time ago, one of my temples was meddled with."

"I wonder who that could've been," I said sarcastically.

"Probably Space Pirates," Caboose said.