We Don't Need A Medic

***Three months later***

About two weeks into the night cycle we had hooked up the gaming system. I was currently owning Simmons in a game Call of Duty.

"Did you just snipe me?" he questioned.

I adjusted my headset before answering, "Yeah." I glanced back to the guys. Church was in the kitchen searching for food. Caboose was asleep on the couch. Tucker had headphones in and was doing something on his datapad. I turned my attention back to Simmons, "What are ye going to do about it?" My character walked around a corner then died. "Oh, ye camping bitch!"

"It's a legitimate strategy, Ri."

"No, it's a dick move, Richie."

"Yo, yo, yo," came Vic's voice through my radio, "Lieutenant Clarke. You there dudette?"

I picked up the radio, "Yeah. I'm here."

"You're drop ship is here."

"That's great. Thanks."

"No problemo."

I put the radio aside and turned back to my game. "Gonna have to call it quits. Drop ship is here. Get ye maroon ass over here."

"Yeah, yeah," Simmons said, "I'm coming."

We quit the game. I put the stuff up and went to greet the drop ship pilot.

"What's going on?" Tucker asked as I walked past him.

"Drop ship is here. Means the sun came back out."

"Fuck yeah." He jumped up and set his datapad on the coffee table. He smacked Caboose's foot as he walked by him, "Dude get up."

"Touch me again and I will cut your head off to give to Church as a birthday present," Caboose growled.

Tucker and I exchanged wide-eyed looks. What the hell was wrong with Caboose?

"What's going on?" Church asked walking in.

"Umm..." I said slowly, eyeing Caboose. "Drop ship is here. Means the sun is up and we can go outside."

"Outside!" Caboose exclaimed, "Oh boy." He jumped up and ran outside.

"Caboose!" Church called after him, "Armor!"

"Ehh, let him go," I stated, "The Reds probably don't have their armor on. It's the first time we've had sun in three months. I think all of us would like to feel it without armor. Now, come on. Before he breaks something."

We walked out of the base and into the bright sunlight. Caboose was bouncing between the different crates.

"Lieutenant Clarke?" a soldier asked.

Caboose pointed to me.

"That's me," I said.

"Sign here." He handed me a datapad. I signed it and handed it back. I moved to go through one of the crates.

"So," the guy said leaning up against it, "You the only girl in this canyon?"

"Does it matter?"

"Not really. But I bet you're real tired of these boys, if you know what I mean."

I made a face of disgust and moved away from him. Unfortunately, he followed me.

"What do ya say, baby? I could stick around for a few hours more. Show you some real action." He grabbed my arm to pull me to him.

"Let go of me," I snapped. I tried to shove him away but couldn't since he was wearing armor. There was the sound of a shotgun cocking behind me.

"Let go of her, boy," Sarge said.