Avoidance

"𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕓𝕖 𝕒𝕟𝕠𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣 𝕗𝕝𝕠𝕨𝕖𝕣 𝕡𝕚𝕔𝕜𝕖𝕕 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕙𝕖𝕣 𝕓𝕖𝕒𝕦𝕥𝕪 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕝𝕖𝕗𝕥 𝕥𝕠 𝕕𝕚𝕖. 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕓𝕖 𝕨𝕚𝕝𝕕, 𝕕𝕚𝕗𝕗𝕚𝕔𝕦𝕝𝕥 𝕥𝕠 𝕗𝕚𝕟𝕕 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕚𝕞𝕡𝕠𝕤𝕤𝕚𝕓𝕝𝕖 𝕥𝕠 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕘𝕖𝕥."

-𝔼𝕣𝕚𝕟 𝕍𝕒𝕟 𝕍𝕦𝕣𝕖𝕟

♬ ᴵ ᵏⁿᵉʷ ʸᵒᵘ ʷᵉʳᵉ ᵗʳᵒᵘᵇˡᵉ ⁻ ᵂᵉ ᶜᵃᵐᵉ ᴬˢ ᴿᵒᵐᵃⁿˢ ♬

Mason

I hadn't seen Alex since he kissed me. I wasn't even attempting to avoid him either, though I think he was avoiding me. I couldn't be too sure but it sure as hell seemed like he was, especially after yesterday. I mean, I could be wrong, but usually, when someone runs away from you, it means they don't want to be near you.

Okay, so maybe I was being a bit dramatic. He more so fast walked out of the kitchen, making sure to take the long way to avoid me as soon as I rounded the corner. Of course, Miles noticed and gave me a sad smile. I didn't really know what to make of the whole situation anyway, so maybe it was better that he was making it a point to avoid me. Though, I'm not quite sure why, seeing as he was the one who had initiated the entire thing in the first place. I swear the boy was giving me whiplash with his indecisiveness.

"Why the long face buttercup?"

I jumped, slightly turning to see Nico sitting beside me. I shake my head, "It's nothing."

"Is it because Alex kissed you and if now avoiding you."

My jaw nearly hit the floor. "What? How did you-"

He shrugged, popping a chip into his mouth. "Miles told me."

I couldn't help but roll my eyes. "Of course he did."

"It's not like it's a big deal, we were all betting on when it would happen."

"You're not serious, right?"

He nodded, chewing aggressively. "No, I am. I lost too, so thanks a lot for that."

I scoffed. "Oh yeah, I'm totally sorry about that."

"You should be. Now I'm out a hundred bucks and I was planning on buying Guinea pig with all my money."

"How many of you were in on it?"

"Uh, it was me, Miles, Beau, Parker, Oliver, Milo, Sutton, Kai, Sebastian, and Henry."

"Sebastian and Henry?" I asked in disbelief. "They're eight and ten."

"Mhm."

"How much did the winner get?"

"Well, we each put in one hundred. So..." He held up his hands and began counting. "