one

— 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄
( 𝘖𝘚𝘎𝘐𝘓𝘐𝘈𝘛𝘏. )

THE CROWDS OF GONDOR stood below the young Gondorian prince as he struck the stone of the marble building with the end of his flag

THE CROWDS OF GONDOR stood below the young Gondorian prince as he struck the stone of the marble building with the end of his flag. The once lost city of Osgiliath had been reclaimed for Gondor after a brutal battle, resulting in a Gondorian victory and joy for the citizens. The young man looked out into the sea of his people chanting, and drew his sword and held it over his head. He shouted, his strong voice washing over the sea of people before him, "This city was once a jewel of our kingdom. A place of light, and beauty, and music. And so it shall be once more!"

The crowd cheered in glee and the prince continued, "Let the armies of Mordor know this... never again will the land of my people fall into enemy hands! This city has been reclaimed for Gondor!"

The crowds repeated his chant as he raised his sword above his head once more. Far below him, his dearest little sister and brother were watching as their eldest sibling accomplished something that many believed could never have been done. As Boromir made his way down to the crowds below, Faramir and Elamir pushed through the crowd to meet him. Once Boromir saw his two siblings, he quickened his pace and met them with a strong hug. The trio chuckled, relishing in the familial feeling. Faramir pulled away first, but kept his hands on his brother's shoulders.

"Good speech. Nice and short," he said with a large grin spread across his face.

"Leaves more time for drinking," Elamir finished with a laugh, her hair blowing in the soft breeze. 

Boromir and Faramir gave hearty laughs at their sister's words, and Boromir turned to the crowd of soldiers, "Break out the ale! These men are thirsty!"

The crowd gave a loud cheer, and the men began passing ale around. Once the three siblings each had a pint in their hand, they clinked them together in a little toast.

"Remember today, little brother. Today, life is good," Boromir spoke to Faramir. After their mother's death, Elamir and her older brother became the guiding force in their youngest brother's life. The two of them loved him with all of their hearts, and treated him with the utmost of love since their father refused to do so.

The brothers took a large gulp of their drink, while Elamir took a more graceful sip. In the midst of their optimistic celebrating, Faramir's grin began to slip from his face. He stared at someone over their shoulders with a grim expression. 

"What?" Elamir asked, concerned. She stepped closer to her little brother and set a soft hand on his arm. 

"He's here," Faramir responded, quietly. Elamir looked over her shoulder to see their father mingling with the people, making his way over to them. He wore a genuine smile upon his face, but it was evident that he wasn't thrilled for the reclamation of the city. He was thrilled with the ones who led that reclamation- his line. All he thought about was what he could gain. Not his city, not his people, not even his own children. She turned back around to her little brother with an apologetic look.