*Rewritten* Ch 1: The Untold Past

A/N: OH MY FREAKING HOT POTATOES! I ALMOST FORGOT TO SAY THAT THE FIRST THREE REWRITTEN CHAPTERS ARE "LONG" SO PLEASE BARE WITH ME. IT'LL SHORTEN UP STARTING AT CHAPTER 4. THAT'S ALL! HOPE YOU ENJOY~

"Mihawk that's enough." A lambent voice called out as he stood up and brushed off the sand remains from his brown leather pants.

His hand went through his dark charcoal hair in the hopes of taming his thick locks that kept on sticking out as it got blown about by the cool breeze. But seeing that it was clearly inevitable, he set his hand down which gave him quite a messy hair do together with his blue wrinkled shirt.

"Hahaha! Shane you lose again!" The hawk eyed boy teased as he took away his sword from the 8 year old girl's neck.

"That was unfair Nii-san you tricked me!" Shane complained and almost threw out a tantrum.

Her silky raven hair cascaded down until her hips as she sat up from her position and crossed her arms stubbornly.

"Well anything can happen in the battle field so that was technically 'not' cheating." Mihawk retorted as he cocked his head to the side which infuriated the young girl more.

"Stop acting all smart!" Shane muttered out before she stood up and grabbed her sword as she puffed out her cheeks in annoyance.

Hazel eyes kept on glaring at amused golden ones as the man placed his hands upon the shoulders of the two youngsters and decided to end their little feud.

"Now now. Stop it you two."

"But Tou-chan!!" Shane started to ramble out as she looked deep into those same hazel brown eyes.

"No buts. We'll just come back here tomorrow, okay? Your mother must be worried sick by now." He smiled as he brushed Shane's hair with the palm of his right hand.

"Okay." The girl smiled back as they began to walk through the white sand beach and headed towards their small humble town.

'I might get an earful once we get home.' He thought to himself as he gazed upon the shades of orange and red through the vast sky.

~

"Kaa-chan!! We're home!" Shane announced cheerfully as the familiar sight of well sharpened swords, ornamented metals, shiny jewels and furnished gold greeted her once again after she walked inside their spacious house-made-store.

Mihawk and Shane proceeded to head upstairs after they gave their mother a quick wave, leaving their father to deal with the woman's terrifying wrath.

"Dracule Hayato!! Where were you? How could you leave me alone to tend to all the customers?!! And you actually brought the kids with you?!" The woman shouted out as she waved a soup ladle right in front of the man's face after he walked through the kitchen door.

She had a red apron on top of her white tank top which hanged loose until her waist. A purple skirt that went straight down below her knees and brown sandals. Her pink lips were firmly shut in a thin line as she looked at the man in front of her exasperatingly.

"S-Sena!! Honey-" Hayato tried to stall as he thought of an excuse while he looked at his wife's menacing hawk like eyes.

"Don't you Honey me!! You know how busy the store could be these days!! One second you were here and the moment I turned around you were gone! Some husband you are!!" She blurted out venomously which took aback the raven haired man.

"I just lost track of time..!!" He reasoned out as he tried to escape by sliding across the door but ended up getting whacked by the soup ladle on top of his head.