*Rewritten* Ch 8: Helz Isle - Part 3

"Tch! Of all the freaking places!!" The red head cried out as soon as he landed with a hard splatting sound as his feet crushed something that immediately oozed out a clear sticky substance.

'I wouldn't even want to know what this is..' Blaze shivered as he looked above from where he came from to somehow ease his urge to vomit. 'Oh look Barney's flying..'

It took him three seconds to finally snap out of his daze.

One second to look at it. Two to let his eyes widen in realization. And three to finally react.

Blaze hurriedly dove and rolled to avoid getting crushed by the heinous beast. Within a flash, he stood up, positioned his sword by his side and spinned rapidly in the air.

"One Sword Style: Whirlwind!!"

The deranged varmint then collided with the gargantuan wind cyclone, forcing it backward as it wrestled within the wind's severing slices, bringing about massive cuts as it continued piercing through its poisonous figure with every spin it made.

'Now!' Blaze burst forth, aiming for nothing else but the creature's head as he surged in the air with his sword positioned above him, ready to bring about the final blow.

With the boy's sour luck and frustratingly wrong timing, the whirlwind he managed to create started vanishing within thin air, letting his opponent thrust its massive horn towards his torso.

'Kuso!' Blaze barely deflected the sudden move as he blocked it with his sword but due to his current mid-air position, he was thrown off balance whilst dropping his sword in the process and ended up getting sliced by his side, horn severing his flesh mercilessly as it brought about blood, bubbling and gushing as he gritted his teeth in torment.

"Gaaahh!!" The teen clutched his throbbing wound as he fell down the ground, agonizing pain swept pass his entire body as his back made contact with the cold damp floor, his blood kept dripping down, clouding his thoughts with nothing more but shock and fear as he brought his hand up, observing the warm sanguine fluid that once flowed through his system.

'At least Shane wouldn't see me like this..' Blaze smiled as he closed his eyes. 'I couldn't bear to see her cry because of me..'

His skin went damp with bleak sweat as his lips quivered from the chilliness he felt in the air despite the heat that was being brought about by the enclosed cavern walls.

'So this is how it feels like to die..' The red head thought to himself as he brought down his hand and came face to face with his opponent's deep nefarious eyes. 'I don't like it.'

The beast stretched out its claws as it hovered over Blaze's physique, savoring each moment as it traced one claw through the teen's neck, exhibiting the slicing gesture it'll perform.

"You said that I'll pay for what I've done." The creature glowered as Blaze continuously glared at him.

"But I guess those are mere empty words.. just like these Marines." He continued as he spat out the word 'Marines'.

The beast grabbed a chopped head and positioned it near Blaze. "Why do you even want to avenge these pathetic piles of scums who thought of nothing more but themselves!?" He growled as he threw it off the wall.

"They kept me in that sea-prism stone cell of theirs for as long as I can remember. That's why I enjoyed killing every single one of them!! Ripping off their flesh and bones as they wailed in misery was definitely music to my ears!" The brute asserted with a maniacal laugh as he raised his claws, emanating poison within its tips to behead the said teen.