*Rewritten* Ch 4: The Journey Begins

A/N: *CLEARS THROAT* HEY THERE~! (OLAF STYLE)

I'M GLAD YOU SURVIVED THE FIRST THREE LONG CHAPTERS!! I JUST WANTED TO REMIND YOU GUYS THAT THE SUCCEEDING CHAPTERS WILL BE SHORTER COMPARED TO THE PREVIOUS ONES. (AS EXPLAINED ON THE 'A/N CHAPTER') SO HERE IT IS!! JUST AS I PROMISED IT WOULD BE ;)

WARNING: THERE'LL BE SOME SWEARING UP AHEAD. THANK YOU.

[TIME: AT DAWN]

[LOCATION: EAST BLUE]

[CURRENTLY ON TOP OF A MOUNTAIN-OUTSIDE THE DOJO]

"The ship's loaded and ready to go as you requested Sensei." A student from the dojo informed a certain blonde after his quick visit by the town.

"Excellent. Arigato Smyte." Tora replied as she gave him a quick nod to dismiss him.

"Always glad to be of service." He declared with a bow before he headed towards the training grounds.

After a while, Shane bursted out of the dojo's doors. Breathing in the feeling of fresh cold crisp air enter placidly through her nostrils.

"I see you're all set." Tora observed as she eyed the obsidian colored sword dangling by Shane's waist.

"I'm ready as I'll ever be." She said with that determined tone her Sensei grew fond of.

"How about we have a little fun before you go?" Tora suggested as she sauntered towards the mountain's cliff.

"Race you to the bottom!" She announced with a mischievous smile as she jumped off the ledge.

"Bring it on!!" Shane shouted back as she ran at full speed and hurled herself off the precipice without hesitation.

It was a three hundred feet drop without any wires, strings, trampolines, or any kind of cloth to catch them at the bottom. Just flat topped roofs, market stalls, a single clock tower and of course brick walls which have no other use but to be the defensive brick walls they are.

Tucking her arms by her sides, Shane dove in a tremendously fast pace that should've stopped anyone's heart beat within the second she took the leap. But being Tora's student.. this was most likely a daily routine. Why wouldn't it if the dojo's right on top of the mountain without any stairs of some sort?

It was kind of like a climb and leap thing... unless you want to parade your way down together with some boulders and other falling debris. You'll gladly be their guest.

'Just a bit more...' Shane calculated as she took hold of her sword's hilt.

Seeing the clock tower from aerial view, Shane released her sword from its sheathe which freed the stygian iron steel from its cover's depths as she plunged it straight through the mountain's slope, slowing down her fall.

With a jerk of her foot, Shane released her sword from the earth's grasp and threw it above as she performed a somersault in mid-air. She then landed on top of the clock tower's peak and caught her sword within the nick of time.

"You never failed to impress me." Tora spoke out proudly as she landed next to her student a few seconds later.

"I learned from the best." The girl beamed as she faced her Sensei.

As they proceeded to say their goodbyes, Tora reminded Shane of the island's enchantment.

"Remember, time runs slow in this island. You're a lot younger than you should be." She warned with utmost certainty.