Snapped

Narrator's POV 

The next practice came soon, and the two leaders did not talk to each other the whole of practice in spite of what had happened the previous day. Even during class, Beca wouldn't even hand in her worksheet and definitely would not pay attention, resulting in three more detentions from the redhead who didn't actually want to talk to Beca.

Stacie was quick to notice this, having been in all of Beca's classes and best friends with the girl ever since high school.

"Don't you think Bec has been acting a bit strange?" She asked the plump blonde.

"Shortstack? Well, she has been ignoring Miss Beale a whole lot," fat Amy replied, distracted by a text from one of her boyfriends she claims to have.

"I know, what's up with that?" Stacie asked, eyeing the two leaders of the group not even looking each other's way when that would usually be a normal occurrence. 

This was really letting the rest of the group down. The Fall Mixer was held the following week and the captains were still not on speaking terms. Beca thought that Chloe was being extremely petty by ignoring her the whole time over one small argument, but she herself  failed to realise it was partly her fault as well.

"We have to find a way to get them to practice together. Without communicating, how are they going to choreograph our routine?" Cynthia Rose pointed out with a frown.

The rest of the Bellas nodded in agreement, this was really starting to get out of hand.

Chloe was clearly missing the brunette, though she couldn't shake her hatred for the girl away as well. She hated how she was so rude to her teacher and also to her co-leader working with her. However, the redhead still missed the sound of Beca's voice and her sarcastic comments and cute smirk. She missed her scent, her badassness and even her annoyance for everyone around her.

She guessed the pros did overight the cons in their somewhat special relationship, but she still couldn't bring herself forward and talk to the girl again. The Fall Mixer was also an important event and without proper preparation they could surely set a bad reputation for themselves.

Beca had cancelled all tuition sessions ever since their 'fight'. She claimed that it was pointless as Chloe's teaching did not help improve her grades and just made her despise the subject more. Every close Friend of Beca's would know that she was lying. The brunette loved time spent with just her and the redhead, she just wouldn't admit it, being too stubborn. She also knew that the tuition sessions really did help improve her grades and her understanding of the subject. But, as usual, she decided to fake it and decline the teacher's offer for Thursday night sessions.

Suddenly, a loud ring was heard, making all students drop their pencils and pens, stopping the English test they were having.

"Beca Mitchell, please come to the principal's office now." The intercom announced.

Loud whispers and looks in her direction were immediately noticed by Beca as she started to nervously walk up and away from Miss Beale's classroom. Her knees were shaking immensely and all she could do was stutter out, "I'll do my test as homework."

"Of course. Hope everything goes well, Beca." Chloe replied with a sigh and a small smile plastered on her face.

As she nervously opened the door to the principal's office, Beca couldn't contain her thoughts. She was only ever called to this office if anything bad had happened, but what could have? She was pretty much an A star student in all subjects except English, her attitude was fine towards her teachers, so what could be such an important issue that she had to be called to the principal's office to discuss?

"Yes, Miss Collins?" Beca said, struggling to keep herself together, praying desperately in her heart that she wouldn't get another anxiety attack. 

"Oh, Beca," the principal replied with a sympathetic smile. Beca wondered again, what did she do?  "Look. I am extremely sorry for what I have to say next; but your father was just involved in a car accident with your step-mother." 

And that was when she cracked.

She struggled to hold back her tears. She struggled to breathe. She struggled to think.

Her dad, that even though she hated with all her heart, was really her only source of family. 

And love.

Just like that, Beca Mitchell cried. Loud heavy sobs that echoed throughout the small room. 

Beca Mitchell, who never ever cried at anything.

She had snapped.