Dorm

Beca's POV

As soon as I stepped inside my own bedroom I was greeted with a sight I definitely did not want to see.

"Sheila?" I asked, my face filled with anger and irritation. "What the fuck are you doing here?"

"Look, Becs, I know we might have not gotten of on a good point of view, but I really do love your Father dearly and you as well."

"Do not call me Becs." I snapped.

She looked taken aback by this. I know I was probably too harsh towards her, but she didn't even know the sadness she caused me and my father. She split my whole family apart and then simply left. What a fucking bitch.

Then it got me thinking.

"Where's Phoebe?" I asked.

"Oh! She's at school now. 12 years old!" The step monster replied enthusiastically.

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever. I don't want you here and I doubt dad will either." I huffed in anger.

"Oh. Well, I just wanted to say I was sorry. Please let your father know that, Beca."

"Let me know what?" A voice asked from the bottom of the stairs.

"Dad? Sheila's here."

"Okay, so let me get this straight," my father clarified sternly. "You came all the way to Atlanta just to say sorry to me."

"Yes," the stepmonster replied with a sigh. "Do you not want me to?"

"Well, I am extremely flattered," father said. "But, Beca here clearly isn't."

I nodded with a shrug. "Look, if you guys wanna get together, again, I may add, I do not want to be a part of this. I'll move to a dorm in Barden instead."

My dad looked genuinely surprised. "You'd do that?"

"You'd want me to do that?"

"Well, I do want you to experience the full college experience. So of course!"

I rolled my eyes, "whatever, I'll get packing."

"Wait, Beca." I was cut off by the stepmonster. "Thanks a lot."

I looked back and shrugged with a slight smirk. Then I walked away once more.

My second time doing this. I walked away from my Father. My only source of happiness. I walked away from him the same way Sheila did, with the same annoyance and heartbreak that he'd actually let me go. I let a few drops of tears cross my face, the stinging sensation following then after. I sighed. I probably would never return here if I really didn't want to see the fucking stepmonster, also known as the epitome of a demon, ever again.

"Hey, um, I'm here to ask about the Barden dorms." I told the teacher at the front desk.

"How old?"

"Graduating year. Senior." I replied.

I watched her type something into her laptop. Then her dancing fingers suddenly come to an abrupt stop. "Okay, Baker Hall, dorm 342," she handed me a small key and a whistle. "That's the BU rape whistle. We ran out last year so we only give it to dorm owners."

I smirked, awkwardly reaching out and taking the small thing along with the key. "Thanks."

Turning around to walk off, she suddenly called out. "Don't blow it until it's actually happening!"

I smiled. This felt like starting Barden once more. And it was fun alright.

Chloe's POV

"Okay, class. Remember to do pages 34-56 as homework." I called out to the already exiting students. I heard a vague "Yes, Miss Beale" as I made my way around the desks to one of my favourite students. "Beca."

"Yes, Miss Beale?" She asked, her face drooping a tad bit. It broke my heart to see the small brunette looking so vulnerable.

"Hey, you alright?" I asked softly, caressing her extremely soft face. I mean extremely soft. What was her skincare routine?

"Y-Yeah, yeah, just fine." She stuttered a bit, smiling in her mouth but definitely not in her eyes.

"Hmm... certainly don't look it." I pried, smirking.

I realised it was a wrong move as the next thing I knew, Beca's expression clearly changed from sad to angry and my face instantly lost its smirk.

"Would people stop doing that?" She asked no one in particular. "Stop assuming I'm fucking upset all the fucking time!"

I was taken aback by her words but quickly got over it as I engulfed her in a hug. The best medicine for all angry people.

"C-chloe?" She asked.

"Shh, what's bothering you, babe." I shushed her. And sure, it's certainly extremely weird and wrong to call your student 'babe' but it really seemed that the small nickname really made her anger disappear, replaced with a warm blush. I smiled, badass, huh?

"Well, the fucking stepmonster's back and I kindaaaa just left them and bought a dorm here in barden but then I kind of regret it cause I'm Super lonely and my fucking roommate never comes home and I guess I just really miss my dad." She said in one breath.

I smirked. "I didn't think the super badass would be capable of feeling lonely."

And she just blushed.

How fucking cute.