Nothing More

Narrator's POV 

Chloe smiled at the younger girl in front of her, instantly brushing off the feeling and proceeding onwards with the test papers. She observed as the brunette lips jutted out as she attempted the harder set of grammar questions. "If you need any help, I'm right here!" The red headed teacher grinned, happy to be of any service for the girl.

"Of course, Miss Beale." Beca smirked back, dropping her pencil and hand reaching out to grab her phone which just ringed with a notification of a text.

Jesse: yo Bec, up for ice cream w me and Stacie??? 🍦 🍨 

Beca furrowed her eyebrows in thought, she was really craving ice cream and that emoji Jesse sent definitely didn't help decrease her desire for the yummy dessert. But she knew she definitely couldn't back out on her tutoring session with Chloe, not like she even wanted to. However, the thought of ice cream sounded sooo good.

"Beca! What's up?" The redhead said, immediately snapping Beca out from her thoughts. "Nothing, Red," The brunette sighed. "I'll just get on with this work." 

"Hmm... if you say so." Chloe looked somewhat sceptical at first but her face quickly morphed back into a serious expression. Beca sighed, looking down at the paper before her and tried her best to concentrate on the tough question she was faced with, ignoring the rumbling sensation in her stomach.

Wow, she really was craving that ice cream. 

"Beca..." The teacher asked the smaller brunette set in front of her with a small smirk. She had definitely heard the loud grumble that appeared to come from the brunette's stomach and tried her best to stifle a laugh.

Beca raised her eyebrows at the sudden outburst. "What's actually up. Becs."

Beca sighed, "You're really not gonna give up, huh?" Chloe nodded immediately. 

"Well... Jesse invited me out for ice cream. And I kind of reallllllyyyyy wanna go!"

Chloe chuckled in amusement. She never expected Beca to like that kind of sugary dessert. She thought she was simply craving a stupid Taco Bell or something of that sort. Certainly not ice cream with a Friend. Or maybe even more than friends. Chloe really wanted to know who Jesse was to Beca and what kind of relationship the pair shares.

"Can I go then?" Beca whined, pouting. Chloe thought this self-proclaimed 'badass' was the cutest thing in the world. So of course, not resisting the brunette was a sure outcome.

"Run along, child."

Upon hearing those words, Beca immediately perked up. 

"Thank you thank you thank you, Chloe! We'll have another session of this tomorrow, same time same place!" Beca said in an instant. "Don't be late! Bye, Chlo!" And with those last words, Beca ran off to get ice cream with her best friends. Leaving Chloe deep in thought and completely baffled.

Chlo. 

The redhead's heart swelled up at the cute nickname. Only Aubrey called her that, but whenever Aubrey said it, it never sounded half as cute as when the word left the brunette's mouth.

Chloe smiled, she was surely crushing hard on her student.

Wait a minute, no.

Her student.

"What the fuck!"

Pacing around the small bedroom that was Beca Mitchell's, the young teacher sighed. She was almost one hundred percent sure that Beca and Jesse were dating. One hundred percent! But whenever she thought about them together, it somehow made her feel the slightest bit of jealousy bubbling up in the pit of her stomach. Almost ready to explode.

This was wrong on so many fucking levels.

Chloe likes Tom.

Beca likes Jesse.

Chloe is Beca's teacher.

Beca is Chloe's student.

And they could never be anything more.

She knew the outcome if they ever would have gotten caught.

And oh, was it bad.

"Chloe? Why are you still here?" Beca called out, eyebrows scrunched up in confusion as she noticed a pair of heels setting in front of her door.

She wondered around the small house in search of the redhead, assuming that Chloe just forgot the time and decided to stay till Beca came back. Maybe she was grading her work. So as she reached her own bedroom, she didn't waste a second and opened the door.

"Beca!" A shrill voice called from atop her bed.

Nope. Definitely not Chloe.