Chapter 6

"Feels like somebody's playing with a drill inside my skull." Hank complains as we pull infront of The Eden Club.

     "You shouldn't have been getting shit faced drunk." I reply.

     Hank rolls his eyes, looking out his window. "You sure this is the place?" He asks.

     "It was the address given in the report." Connor states.

     "Right. Okay. Let's get going." Hank opens the door, Connor and I doing the same.

     "Sexiest androids in town, huh?" Hank reads the sign. I know why you insisted on coming here Connor." Hank jokes. Hank and I laugh, but Connor seems confused by the joke. We make our way into the club. There were tubes with androids in them, posing sexualy. Disgusting. No one should have to do this, human or not.

     We walk up to officer Collins. "Hey Hank, hey Y/N."

     "Hey Ben, how's it going?" Hank asks.

     "It's that room right there." Officer Collins points to a room next to us. "Oh, uh, by the way Gavin's in there too."

     "Great." Hank and I groan at the same time. "A dead body and an asshole, just what I needed." Hank says.

     We walk into the room. The walls were a red color and the floor is black. The corpse is on the bed and the deactivated Traci is on the floor. Standing by the bed is Gavin. "Lieutenant Anderson, Lieutenant L/N, and their plastic pet. The fuck are you doing here?"

     "We've been assigned all cases involving androids." Connor answers.

     "Oh yeah? We'll, you're wasting your time. Just some pervert who, uh, got more action than he could handle." Gavin chuckles at the end. What the fuck is wrong with this dude?

     "We'll have a look anyways, if you don't mind." Hank states politely.

     "Come on let's go, it's uh, starting to stink of booze in here." Gavin walks out, purposely bumping Connor's shoulder in the process. What a prick.

     "Night, Lieutenants." Officer Miller says as he follows Gavin out.

     We look around the crime scene. First we check the victim. He has bruising on the neck. Strangled maybe?

     "He didn't die of a heart attack, he was strangled." Connor states.

     Well, I guess that confirms my suspicions. "Yeah, I saw the bruising on the neck. It doesn't prove anything though," Hank spoke up, "It could've been rough play. We're missing something here."

     Connor walks over to the deactivated Traci on the floor. He examines her. I suddenly thought of something, "Think you could look at her memories, or something?"

     "I can try."

     Connor grabs her arm. After a second he lets her go. "The only way to access it's memory is to reactivate it." Connor removes the skin on the Traci's torso.

     "Think you can do it?" Hank asks.

     "It's badly damaged, if I can it'll only be for a minute, maybe less."

     Connor opens her stomach compartment and connects two wires. The Traci gasps and shoots up, like she is scared. She crawls backwards, Connor slowly making his way towards her. "Calm down, everything is alright. We just want to know what happened."

     "Is he... is he dead?" The Traci asks, looking over towards the body.

     "Yes, he is." I reply as I smile with a combination of sympathy and reassurance.