Chapter 8

Hank thought it would be a good idea to talk to the founder and former CEO of Cyberlife, Elijah Kamski. He might know something about deviants, so Connor and I agreed. Now, Hank is driving us to Elijah's house. After a long and tiring drive, we finally arrive.

     "Ugh, finally. I can stretch my legs." I say as I massage my thigh.

     Hank's phone starts ringing. "Uh, not quite. Stay here till I come back." Hank picks up his phone and answers it as he leaves the car.

     Great. Not only was my crush on Connor worsening, I was also stuck in a car with him, alone. Speaking of which, Connor has been really quiet. I look in the passengers seat and see Connor has his eyes closed. Is he sleeping? Wait, can androids even sleep? He suddenly opens his eyes and looks my way. The sudden movement startles me. "Where is Lieutenant Anderson?" He asks.

     "He's taking a phone call. He asked us wait in here until he was finished."

     "Oh."

     It is silent for a minute until I speak up. "Yesterday, when that deviant attacked. You pushed me behind you. You protected me. Why?"

     Connor opens his mouth to speak, but nothing comes out. "Lieutenant is off his phone." I look and Hank is hanging up the phone. I go to reply to Connor but he's already getting out of the car, I follow. Hank is staring straight ahead at the iced over ocean.

     "Is everything okay, Lieutenant?" Connor asks.

     Hank turns to look at us. "Chris was on patrol last night. He was attacked by a bunch of deviants." Connor and I flinch slightly, "He said he was saved by Markus himself."

     "What? Is he alright?" I ask, concern obvious in my voice.

     "Yeah, he's in shock but, he's alive."

     I nod in response, hearing Connor give a quiet sigh of relief. Knowing Chris is okay, I change the subject. "So... Kamski. He left Cyberlife years ago, didn't he?" We start walking towards the giant house in front of us.

     Connor speaks up, "Yes, ten years ago to be exact." I nod.

     "How did you find Kamski?" Connor asks. I stay quiet, curious of the question as well.

     "I remember this guy was all over media, when Cyberlife first started selling androids. I made a few calls, here we are."

     As we walk up the stairs, I look out in the distance, seeing the iced over lake and snow. We stop in front of the door. Hank pushes the doorbell, a typical, but obnoxious ring comes front he house. We quietly look around as we wait. Hank goes to ring the doorbell again, but the door opens. In the doorway, is a gorgeous android in a dark blue dress. She has blonde hair thrown over her shoulder, and beautiful  blue eyes.

     "I'm, uh, Lieutenant Hank Anderson, Detroit Police Department. I'm here to see Mr. Elijah Kamski."

     The android gives a semi-fake smile. "Please, come in." She steps aside to let us in.

     Hank nods with a smile and walks in, Connor and I following behind. "Thanks." I say to the android as I pass by her. Her smile becomes slightly larger.

     "I'll let Elijah know your here. Please, make yourselves comfortable." The android says while heading towards a door and going through it.

     Hank and I go to sit down in the small velvet colored chairs. This room had grey walls, some small statues, some plants, and two giant pictures, one of him and the other of him with a lady. Needless to say, this dude had money.