03

Jungwoo arrived at Taeyong's parents' house that evening. His friends were all gathered there in the living room.

They eyed him as he walked in with Daeseok, as they weren't very familiar with local cops. Jungwoo sat down in a chair and kept his head down, already wanting to leave as Daeseok explained his situation to his friends.

Taeyong sympathized with him and ran over to hug his bruised body. He didn't dare look up, though. Sure, his friends knew Seojun was bad, but they never knew about the extremities he resorted to.

He felt a reassuring pat on his back before the front door closed, indicating that Daeseok had left.

The boys gathered around him, muttering things to Jungwoo as well as themselves.

"I knew it all along."

"Poor Zeus..."

"He was a sucky guy from the start."

Jungwoo didn't mind these statements; he had, for the most part, tuned everything out. But the words that continued to ring in his ears once said were, "Are you okay?"

Those were his least favorite words when put in that context. Those were the words that hurt the most. Not the yelling, not the insults: the 'are you okay?'

Tears began rushing down his cheeks as he kept his head hung low. "Zeus, you'll be fine. I know you will. You're strong. You put up with Seojun for years, so now you deserve a break. You don't have to fight anymore."

Jungwoo threw himself onto the pile of boys and hugged the life out of them before they saw his bruised face.

————

Later that night, Taeyong showed him where he would stay. It was an extra, abandoned room that occupied the entire top floor. There were two vents on the outside while accompanied by a single, tiny window in between them.

There was a bed against the wall and under the slanted ceiling. Taeyong unpacked his clothes and set them in neat piles under the bed.

Jungwoo laid down, Taeyong following him.

"How long has it been?"

Jungwoo hummed.

"I mean, since he started doing it."

He stopped to think. "Now that I think about it, it might have been after that week he disappeared."

"Hell, that was years ago!"

"I know." He said.

Taeyong sighed and threw his arm around Jungwoo. "How do you feel?"

"Sore."

"On the inside, stupid."

Jungwoo bit the inside of his lip. "I don't think I love him. Maybe I was too desperate at the time? Maybe I thought that was love. For all I know, it may have been."

"Wasn't that when-"

Jungwoo turned to Taeyong, curious as to why he stopped his sentence.

"Never mind." He said.

Taeyong stood up and pat Jungwoo's shoulder. "You should go to sleep. A lot happened today."

Jungwoo nodded and smiled at Taeyong as he walked out of the room. As soon as he was gone, he felt his lip quiver. His nose flared. And before he knew it, he was emerged under his blankets crying like he had a river to fill. There was no one holding him back.

If he doesn't love Seojun, then who does he love? Who's there to love him? Signs pointed to no one.

Jungwoo had always had high hopes for love. He wanted to cuddle up in someone's arms and make them feel like the most important person in the world while they did the same. He believed in soulmates; at least, he did before.

Suddenly, his faith in the world, faith in others, it was all lessening. Who could he believe? Who could he trust to not hurt him like Seojun did? Seojun could've been anyone, because he was just like everyone.

Was he not lovable? Was he not attractive in anyone's eyes? Did anyone ever have the thought of genuinely loving him?

Maybe not.

————

Jungwoo had already spent a good few days at Taeyong's parents' house. Taeyong had explained Jungwoo's situation to his parents the night they returned from their business trip. Their reactions were questionable.

"How did you meet him again?"

"I went to school with him. Don't you remember? He's been here before..."

His dad shifted. "I don't know how comfortable I am with another young man in the house."

"We can't kick him out, Dad...please. His boyfriend got arrested! He has no where else to go?"

"His boyfriend got arrested? For what, drugs? Robbery? Murder?"

"Mom! He got arrested for domestic abuse and violence! He hurt Zeus!"

His parents were silenced after that. Luckily, Jungwoo was asleep in his room upstairs and didn't get the chance to hear the conversation.

"Look, Zeus has a job. He's agreed to help pay some bills for as long as he stays here. He said that most of his money in the bank was taken by Seojun through their shared account so he won't be able to afford to move out anytime soon. You don't have to talk to him, or even look at him...just don't be rude and please don't make him leave."

His dad cleared his throat. "A-alright..." he got up and began walking to his room.

Taeyong's mom looked at him. "Dear, could you send that friend of yours down when he's awake?" She asked sweetly.

Taeyong nodded and got up, beginning to go upstairs to check on Jungwoo.

"Oh, sweetie. Come here for a moment." Taeyong obeyed. "Is there anything else I need to know about him when I talk to him?"

He thought. "He's very sensitive. Don't pry at him too much." He started to go back upstairs.

"Oh and..."

His mom looked at him.

"Remember Doyoung?"

She nodded.

"Don't mention him."

—————————

nicfseknkvredscscd

How are you liking it? I've noticed that like 2-3 other people read this already. I just hope more people can enjoy this as I start to upload more chapters.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Have a nice day/night!💋💓💍