bonus! 22

Jungwoo stood shakily in front of the two large wooden doors. He looked down at his severely trembling hands. He frowned. He had to take off the beautiful engagement ring, only to have another one placed on his ring finger. Behind him, Taeyong gave him a pat on the back. He turned to look at him.

"You'll be alright, Zeus. This is what you want, isn't it?" Taeyong asked, rubbing his shoulder.

Jungwoo bit his lip and nodded. "And that's why I can't mess it up!"

Taeyong chuckled, "Listen, he loves you so so much. And even if you did mess anything up, he'd still think today is perfect."

Hearing that did admittedly make him feel a little better, but he didn't have much time to process his words since the music began playing from the other side of the doors. Taeyong quickly gave Jungwoo a bouquet of flowers and pulled open the doors, revealing rows and rows of people staring back at him.

Jungwoo took a deep breath and began walking to the alter in a rhythmic pattern. He didn't have to worry about tripping over a dress, but still, tripping over his own feet was always a struggle for him. He didn't feel as proud as he could be, but seeing Lucas waiting for him at the alter, staring at him with his beautiful brown eyes, made him puff his chest out a tiny bit.

He finally made it down the aisle and grabbed both of Lucas's hands. While the priest was speaking, Lucas looked down and muttered, "You look beautiful." Jungwoo has heard that same compliment from him a hundred times, but he always enjoyed letting it resonate within himself. And now more than ever, did it mean so so much.

Lucas had the urge to put his hands on Jungwoo's hips in the most chaste way possible, but he knew that wasn't appropriate for his own wedding. So instead, he just kept Jungwoo's hands on his, casually brushing his thumb over them.

The priest's voice echoed through the room, but Jungwoo could hardly focus on it. His hands were shaking. He was beginning to sweat through his white suit. Lucas gripped his fingers tighter in an attempt to calm him down and give him reassurance.

Jungwoo bit his lip. It was trembling as well. He hadn't even said a word and tears were already spilling out of his eyes. He could see in his peripheral vision that his parents were worried, maybe even concerned that he didn't want to do this. He did, he really really did. But he was nervous. He loved Lucas too much to mess up this event.

He took a gulp and stopped himself from wiping his tears, as his makeup would come off with them.

Suddenly, the priest stopped speaking and Lucas and Jungwoo stared at each other. Lucas gave him a soft smile and he began talking. 

Lucas's vows were beautiful, gorgeously written and perfectly executed. He wrote them himself, and Jungwoo was already sobbing. He had to take a moment before he could exchange his own as well.

"I, Jungwoo, take you, Yukhei, to be my best friend, my lover, the other father of my future children, and my husband. I vow to love you, take care of you, and hold you as the seasons pass. You can turn to me when times get tough, and I will do the same. We will make it through whatever life throws at us together." He choked it out, not all at once, but it got across eventually.

Little tears dotted Lucas's eyes as well. It was nice to know that he wasn't the only one loving this moment with all his being. Around them, there was clapping and cheering. Jungwoo looked to the side slightly, finding all of his friends in the second row, all staring up at him with wide smiles.

Jungwoo bit his lip and genuinely smiled for the first time since he walked through the doors. To know that his friends were supportive of his choice as well made him that much happier.