Chapter 23: I'm Okay

Lisa's POV:

I'm awake.

Being in the state of unconscious felt like trapped underwater. The deeper you trapped the more you not be able to notice what's going on around you. In my case I think I was trapped in the middle. I can't even lift my fingers but I can hear vague words. I know there were some people who talked to me but I can't recognize them. I also can feel that someone kissed me. I don't know who or when and why, but I know I've been kissed. Perhaps it was Jennie?

When I opened my eyes, everything looked blurry and bright.

Is this a hospital? Yeah I think so..It means I'm alive

It took some time for my senses to adjust. I was still drowsy but conscious enough to realize how the doctor and nurses talking and asking things to me while doing a series of test.

I was baffled so I turned my head to the right and left randomly, while doing so I caught glimpse of familiar figures. I think one of them was Bam, he was resting his back on the wall. Another figure belong to Seulgi. Seulgi was standing next to my bed checking me from head to toe before she ran to the closet.

I'm here Seulgs, why are you running to the opposite direction?

Not long after my vision become clearer, and I saw Jisoo coming out of the closet with Seulgi. What is she doing inside the closet. When she saw me she suddenly looked down and cover her face with her hair. She wiped something with the back of her hand. Was she crying? We then had this staring competition where I came out as the winner because I kept staring and she looked away eventually.

I noticed that her eyes were swollen and red but she still relieved to see me awake. How many time she had cried though? I was confused why she didn't want to come close so with all the strength I had at that moment I waved at her weakly while grinning as wide as I could.

As she saw me grinning, I can see her smiling back at me. I motioned her to come close and point the chair beside my bed. She then occupied the space carefully.

"Hello you..Welcome back" She told me softly

"Hey.." My voice was hoarse at first but as my condition improved I can speak better. "Did you cry? Why?" I asked her

"I was crying because I'm happy that you're awake now." She answered

"Liar..your eyes are swollen like you've been crying the whole night."

"May be I was" She chuckled

"Why?"

She became silent for a moment before opening her mouth again to answer my question.

"Because I did this to you." She said almost whispered.

"You're not."

The next thing I knew she was crying her heart out next to me.

"Jisoo.." She didn't reply

"Jisooo! Look at me" She finally stop sobbing for a moment and looked at me in the eye again.

"I didn't do that for you just to see you blaming yourself like this. I really want to pat your head right now but I don't have the strength yet. So do me a favor, forgive yourself and bring back the Jisoo that I like so much." She just nodded

"Is it hurt?" I asked her

"What?" She asked me back

"Your eyes, it's swollen."

"It's nothing compare to your pain Lisa."

"This is not a competition Jisoo. Like I said before, I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Promise me something?"