FIFTY ONE

Jimin's hand stayed in Yoongi's firm grip as soon as they saw each other after school. Jimin was waiting beside his locker for Yoongi, as the older had asked. He sat, scrolling through his Instagram feed, when he felt a shadow casted over him. He locked his phone and looked up with a smile, seeing Yoongi standing before him with a reciprocating expression. It took Yoongi all but half a second to grab Jimin's hand, easily fitting it into his own.

And now, they were walking away from the school, toward Jimin's home because he had earlier told Jihyun to ride the bus home, so as to avoid any confusion. Because Jimin always made sure to take care of his younger brother before anybody else.

Yoongi gently squeezed Jimin's hand, which he seemed to do quite often. Of course, Jimin didn't mind, finding comfort in Yoongi's little tactics of reassurance. Reassurance for what? Jimin didnt know, but he liked having Yoongi as close as he was. Jimin smiled and squeezed Yoongi's hand back.

The walk to Jimin's house wasn't a long walk, persay, but it wasn't exactly a short walk, either. Neither of them minded, though. It gave them more time to appreciate the other's presence.

"I sure am fond of you, Jiminie," Yoongi said softly as he smiled.

Jimin smiled, too as he blushed. "I'm quite fond of you too, Yoongi."

"I sure hope so."

Jimin giggled quietly, to which Yoongi's smile grew; something that happened quite often when Jimin was present. He was used to that. He wasn't, however, quite as used to the wild racing of his heart whenever he heard the boy's voice, or saw his face, or even thought of him. He figured he never would be used to it, either.

There was a long pause of silence as Jimin tried to piece together his thoughts. He had come to a decision on what he wanted he and Yoongi to be, and wasn't quite prepared to tell him yet. But he knew if he didnt do it now, that it would never be done. So, Jimin sucked in a deep breath before opening his mouth to tell Yoongi just exactly what he'd been thinking about since their art class together.

"Yoongi?"

"Hm?"

Jimin gulped. "Can I tell you something?"

Yoongi smiled softly. "Of course."

The younger boy sighed softly. "What do you want us to be?"

Yoongi chuckled lightly. "I thought I left that up to you."

Jimin nodded. "You did. But I want to know what you want, too. Your opinion is just as important as mine in this, you know."

"You're so sweet, Jiminie."

Jimin blushed. "Shush."

Yoongi laughed lightly. "I don't care what we are, Jimin. I just want you by my side."

Jimin's heart fluttered at the older's words. He's so sweet, Jimin thought.

Jimin stopped where they were, and turned to face Yoongi, who looked back at him with a confused expression. Jimin took Yoongi's other hand in his empty one, and stared into Yoongi's dark brown orbs.

"I don't care what we are, either, Yoongi," Jimin started, smiling slightly at the boy in front of him; the only boy who could ever make him smile the way he did. "All I want is you by my side, too. I want you to be mine, and me to be yours, and if that means boyfriends, let's do it. I want to brag to everyone about how you're mine and no one else's, and I want to hold your hand everywhere we go together. I don't ever want to let go of it, really..." Jimin said sheepishly. He gave Yoongi a shy grin before continuing. "I want to steal all your hoodies, and I want you to steal all of mine, and I want to wear those cheesy matching couple necklaces, and I want to call you everyday even after we've just seen each other... Honestly, imagining a future without you there is just... wrong, and I can't see it without you in it, because I..." He took in a sharp breath. "I love you, Yoongi."

Yoongi's shocked gaze met Jimin's, and Jimin had never seen a gaze as loving as this one from the older. They were standing in the middle of the sidewalk, and anyone passing by would see their obvious love for each other. They looked like walking heart eye emojis, just staring at each other like the other hung the sun, the moon, and all the stars.

"Jiminie..." Yoongi whispered breathlessly, almost unable to form words. He stood, trying to find the right words to say to the younger, but nothing seemed right to him. Nothing seemed reliable enough to get his point across. So, without thinking, Yoongi took a step closer, arms wrapped around Jimin's torso, and he pressed his lips softly against the younger's.

Jimin, to say the least, was shocked, just as Yoongi had been only seconds ago. Though, through his shock, he managed to close his eyes, and his arms subconsciously reached around Yoongi's neck.

At first, neither of the boys moved, just enjoying the feeling of the other's warm lips pressed against each other. In time, though, Yoongi found it in himself to deepen their first kiss, and moved his lips slowly against Jimin's. Jimin felt like electricity was shooting through his body, touching each and every one of his limbs. An overwhelming sense of warmth overtook the boy, and he moved his lips equally as passionately against Yoongi's. Their lips moved in perfect sync, like they were made specifically for each other. Like two puzzle pieces, finally finding their match. Like the perfect tune carried out with the perfect lyrics. Nothing could have been more perfect to either of those boys in this moment, because they were together, just as they were always destined to be.

The moment didn't end when the two boys pulled away from each other, out of breath in the most beautiful way possible. They pressed their foreheads together and stared into each other's eyes, seeing constellations in them. Each of them wore goofy grins, euphoria the feeling their hearts had placed inside them.

"I love you too, Jiminie," Yoongi whispered softly, because the words were only for Jimin to hear, and no one else. He felt the words coming from his own two lips couldn't be fit for anybody better, because in his own lovestruck eyes, Jimin was the epitome of perfection, and nothing less.

Jimin found purchase in taking Yoongi's hand once again, and smiling happily at the older. There was nothing on this Earth that could possibly make Jimin happier than this blue haired boy.

The pair continued on their walk to Jimin's house, each experiencing their own form of bliss in each other's presence.

"You never gave me my journal back," Jimin stated.

"And I don't plan on it "

"What-- why not??"

"I'm not done reading it."

"Yoongi!"

Yoongi laughed lightheartedly before pressing a chaste kiss to the younger's temple, reminding him in a soft tone, "I love you."

Jimin pouted. "I don't know why, but I love you too..."

♡*:.。.

y'all i almost cried writing this

i hope you enjoyed reading this, and i hope this satisfied you, BECCA, bc i didn't go to sleep until i was finished writing this chapter. and now, i must deprive myself of sleep even further, and write more chapters for taekook for the win, bc I honestly thought that one would be done before this one, lol

but after taekook for the win is COMPLETELY done, ima be publishing another yoonmin one that i've been working on for a while ;)

and if i get the first few chapters written, you'll see that namjin one that was originally supposed to be yoonmin, but figured it would be better as namjin bc they are the SUPERIOR ship

but like,,, here's the description of that yoonmin one i'll be publishing:

Wherein Yoongi leaves daily notes for Jimin for the purpose of seeing his smile, but Jimin doesn't know who the fuck they're coming from.

i'm brief with my descriptions so that you guys won't know what's coming lol

but yeah look forward to that

mkay bye   (҉˘.˘)~҉