Rescue Training

Mei was leaning against the bus window with her eyes closed, but Mina wouldn't stop talking.

"Hey Shinomori, are you asleep?" she asked.

"yes." Mei grunted.

"Oh, okay. I won't bother you then."

After a while of silence, it dawned on Mina:

"... wait a second..."

But before she could annoy Mei further, the bus came to a stop.

Class 1-A was headed to a special rescue training class in the mountains outside the city.

The students stepped out into a clearing just before the tree line, and Aizawa made his way to the front to explain the activity.

"Half of the class will be rescuers, and half will pretend to be civilians in danger." he said. "Afterwards we will switch. I will be dividing you in groups of three, and the groups will be spread throughout the area to play out the scenarios."

He went on to read everyone's names, and Mei had ended up in a group with Iida and Uraraka. They were going to do the rescuing, while Momo, Todoroki and Kaminari were playing the part of civilians.

The groups were given fifteen minutes to get in positions and the rescuer's job was to find them.

Once Aizawa gave the word, the students set out on the rescue missions.

Mei was walking silently amongst the trees while Uraraka and Iida discussed tracking strategies.

"So I think our best bet would be to assume the tree line stretches for at least another ten kilometres." said Iida.

"Yeah, unless you passed fifth grade." Mei whispered, thinking of topography class.

"Did you say something, Shinomori?" he asked.

"No, nothing Iida, you're not stupid." she said.

"You... never said I was stupid." wondered the boy.

"Well, not out loud."

Then they heard a voice coming from deeper in the woods.

"HELP!"

The three students ran towards the voice, reaching the bottom of a cliff. At the top were Yaoyorozu, Todoroki and Kaminari.

"Help!" screamed Momo, impersonating a panicked lady's voice.

"Please remain calm, ma'am, we are here to help!" said Iida, playing along.

Mei rolled her eyes. "You know I can just fly up and get them, right?"

"We still need to follow standard procedure, Mei." said Uraraka.

"Have any of you been injured?" shouted Iida.

"Yes, one of us can't walk!" Momo pointed to Todoroki, who was sitting on the ground looking bored.

"Okay, let's move them down one by one." said Iida. "Shinomori, you think you can carry Momo?"

"Yeah." Mei nodded and flew up to the cliff's edge.

She landed with a cheesy smile on her face.

"Worry not damsel, I am here to rescue you." Mei said, imitating a hunky voice and extending her arms for Momo to jump on them.

Momo rolled her eyes but grabbed onto her friend.

The two then girls made it down to meet Uraraka and Iida.

"Okay, now for the other two." said Iida.

"I don't think I can carry them by myself" said Mei. "but I can carry pink face over there and she can make them weightless-"