Chapter 11

My heart stopped when she said “I’m sorry” but picked up once again when she continued “if I’m the reason we lose.” I smiled brightly.

“So is that a yes? You’ll be on my team?!?” I wanted to make sure of what I heard.

“Yes, I’ll be on your team.” Hearing this I exclaimed happily before unconsciously taking her hand in mine and heading towards the door. Now all we need is to find another person to fit the requirement of a team. As we were walking in the hallway which was now pretty empty since the students all found their teams already, I came to a realization that I was holding her hand. Ba-thump ba-thump. I don’t know if I should let go or hold on. I don’t want to release her hand but what if she’s uncomfortable. Thinking that the latter option was the better one I let go of her. As soon as I did I already missed her warmth.

“Mr. Liu? Ms. Jung?” I heard someone say. Turning around I saw Suzy.

“Suzy? Why are you still here? Where’s your team?” I asked.

“Sorry, I woke up late today. I just got here.” she said.

“In that case, would you like to join our team? We need one more person to fit the team requirement.” I asked her with a smile. Krystal pushed me aside before adding something of her own.

“Yes, please join our team. I don’t want to be alone with Mr. Liu here.” Krystal stated coldly. My smile faded when I heard her say that. I thought we had gotten closer over the past few days but I guess that was all in my head. Hiding my pain with a fake a smile I asked Suzy to join us again.

“Sure, if you two insists and don’t mind having me. I’ll meet you out on the field in a bit.” Suzy said before leaving to go change into proper attire.

Krystal and I headed towards the field in an awkward silence. I was so high up there just before and now I’m way down low. Being with her is like being on a roller coaster. Krystal must have been in really deep thoughts because she wasn’t paying attention to where she was going causing her to bump into someone. The impact made her fall backward. Seeing this I reached out to grab hold of her but I was a millisecond late. Someone had already grabbed onto her.

“T-Thank you.” She said after that person let go. I turned her around swiftly to check if she’s okay. I released a sigh when she had no injury or scratches. I turned to thank the person that helped her but stopped when I saw that it was the delinquent’s leader. I pulled Krystal closer to me. For some reason I don’t like this guy being around her.

“You should really watch where you’re going miss. You could have injured yourself if I hadn’t caught you in time. By the way, the name is Kai. What yours?” he said with a smile reaching out his hand for a shake. If I didn’t like the guy before, I hate him now.

“Call me Ms. Jung.” Krystal shook his hand and introduces herself to him. This ticked me off, big time.

“Ahem!! Let’s get going Krystal.” I faked a cough to get their attention before taking hold of her hand, the one that was holding onto Kai’s. Call me childish, I don’t care. We had walked a few steps when Krystal called out to him.