Chapter 19

Krystal’s POV

Donghae and I have been together for two months now. Even though I have Donghae I can’t help but feel that something’s missing, that I’m incomplete. I’ve tried asking my unnies for help but they don’t help much.

“Soojung-ah, a relationship goes through many states. In the beginning there’s those sweet and loving moments but over time it slowly fiddles away because you’ve become too comfortable with that person. Donghae may feel that he doesn’t have a need to show it as often. That’s how most relationships are.” Is all they say however no matter how many times I keep telling myself this it just doesn’t work. I have a strong feeling that something isn’t right to begin with.

With the school’s camping trip I plan to get closer to him. Maybe it was me all along and not Donghae.

“Once you’ve put your bags away please come check in with me before entering the bus!” I shouted to the mingling students. This was supposed to be Donghae’s job but he hasn’t shown up yet. The last time I checked, which was last night, he said that he’ll be here for sure. With a sigh I started checking the students in.

“Suzy, Bae Suzy.” she said checking in.

“Okay, I’ve got you down. You may enter the bus when you’re ready.” I said while looking down at the check in sheet, checking her in.

“Ms. Jung? Where is Mr. Liu?” she asked. I looked up at her.

“I’m not exactly sure but I think he’ll be here before we depart.” I said before looking back down as I checked in more students. She left after nodding and headed towards the bus.

 I would be blind not to see that Suzy had a crush on Donghae. Had, not have because after sports day she suddenly distanced herself from him. She started ignoring him and every once in a while I will catch her coldly looking at him in disgust. I wonder why. Did something happen?

Suzy’s POV

I knew two months ago that Mr. Liu has returned. Mr. Liu, no he’s not Mr. Liu it’s just Amber now since he’s not a teacher anymore. Amber disappeared without a word. I hate Ms. Jung. I thought she was in love with Amber but she can’t even tell the difference between Amber and Mr. Liu. It ticked me off when I saw her kissing Mr. Liu the other day. This made me question did she really love Amber to begin with? If she did, how can she not know? Amber and Mr. Liu are two completely different people. How do you not know the person you love??

I decided to ask her indirectly about Amber after checking in with her. “Ms. Jung? Where is Mr. Liu?” I asked.

“I’m not exactly sure but I think he’ll be here before we depart.” She said before checking in more students. I nodded, disappointed in her, before leaving. She really doesn’t know that there were two Mr. Lius. She doesn’t know anything. I shouldn’t have given Amber up to a person like this I scolded myself. If ever I were to meet Amber again I will surely hold onto him. I won’t give him up so easily a second time.

Krystal’s POV

We were all on the bus just waiting for Donghae. I turned to the empty seat next to me. Donghae should be sitting here next to me by now but he isn’t. What could have made Donghae late today I wondered. Just then the bus door opened and came in a smiling Donghae. Ba-tump. There it is, the dorky smile that I’ve long so much to see. Why is his smile today different?? I tried calming down my racing heart before calling him over to sit next to me. He hesitantly made his way over, why?