Chapter 1

The warm soil on his side felt relaxing and it was the first time in weeks that he could just lay down and at least try to get some sleep despite his vampirisum. As he laid in the silence he heard the snores of his friend at his sides an the crackling camp fire that everyonce and a while sent and ember to his jacket burning a tiny whole.

An ember hit his face causing him to jump up and almost step on Soul. He stumbled back avoiding stepping on any of them. He rubbed his eyes and looked at the sun rising in the distance it shined on his pale white skin and glistened off his eyes. He heard someone in the shelter getting up.

He walked back in and saw Wildfire sitting up looking around at everyone then at him. Jaydon smiled "morning wilds how did you sleep". She smiled back and responded "fine and you". "Alright I guess" Jaydon said in a tired voice.

Wildfire stood up and walked outside, Jaydon followed slowly behind. She stopped at the river taking a small drink. A small crack of a branch on one of the trees alerted the two. Both looked around in confusion a nothing appeared to be around. "Let's head back" wildfire anxiously said to Jaydon.

As the two approached the shelter they noticed that all of there supplies had suddenly disappeared. Then a figure stood in the shadows. It stood tall and had long hair covering one eye. Then a detail caught Jaydon's eye one small piece of a shinning white fang hanging out his mouth. They stood there motionless and silent starring at the vampire.
Jaydon and Wildfire stood waiting for him to make a move. Wildfire became tired of the mans game and she charged at him barring her sharp canines. The vampire kicked her up into the air, she screeched as she hit the ground with a loud crack snapping two of her ribs. Jaydon looked at the man then back to Wildfire the man suddenly began to disappear into the darkness. Jaydon ran to Wildfires side trying to help her up but she blacked out in the process. He picked her up and began the trek back to camp.