thrëę

{♡}

"Can I help you, miss Silva?" A smooth voice asks from behind me. After the manager and PR manager left, I started wandering around the mansion. The mansion I could call my own when I would sign the contract. I didn't go through the contract completely because it's a lot to go through. The manager and PR manager told me that one of the housekeepers would guide me around the mansion but I couldn't find someone. Until now.

"Yes." I awkwardly answer as I jump down from the counter. "I am starving so I wanted to make mangú but I can't reach a pan for the plantains."

He walks over to me and reaches for a pan. "You're a good cook?" He asks as he places the pan on the kitchen counter in between us. I hum in response, taking a quick glance at him. Tall, handsome face that could make girls swoon any time. I move my eyes back to the counter.

"My mother and grandmother taught me well, uh." I say, signalling for him to say his name.

"Neres, Caesar Neres. But Camacho prefers to call me 'housekeeper' or something like that. Anyways, I hope you also like to cook. Camacho absolutely loves mangú but no one ever makes it the 'right' way." He says, making air quotes. "We have had lots of maids and cooks because of his short-temper. No pressure, though." He laughs as he walks around the kitchen island and takes a seat.

"Well thanks for the heads up, but I think I can handle it." I laugh with him. "Dominican blood, ya tú sabes."

***

"And this will be your own room." Caesar says, placing my luggage down so he can open the two large doors for me. Camacho must do something right in life because damn, this mansion. As he opens the doors I get blinded by the bright light in this white room.

"Aye Dios." I exclaim as my eyes get used to the bright light. "My previous apartment was smaller than this whole room." I mumble, taking everything in.

"For a guy he has great taste." I say, earning a chuckle from Caesar who had placed my luggage next to the king sized bed.

"For a human he has a huge ego."

"I've come to notice, without meeting him, though." I answer his shady comment. No one seems to like this guy and I feel almost sorry for him. "What did he do for this everything to happen?"

"That's not my place to tell, miss Silva."

{♡}

xx sophia