êightęėñ

{♡}

Waking up I notice an empty spot next to me in the king sized bed. Taking a minute or two to wake up I hear someone softly singing in the bathroom. I put my chanclas on and shuffle towards the bathroom.

"And I can't get you out. So I gotta go. No, I'm not ready for. You want me all alone" I hear Richard softly singalong to the Chris Brown voice. Typical. "But I'm undecided." I smile to myself and turn around to dive back in the bed. At the nightstand I notice my phone going off with texts of my brother, Carlos. Since our arrival to Vegas I haven't been able to give him a call so I click on one of the missed calls from him. After two rings he picks up, followed by some shuffling on the other side of the line.

"Hola, hermanita"

"Buen día, mi hermano." I answer, taking a seat on the only chair in the room.

"¿Cómo estás? You haven't called me that often. Do I need to come to Miami? Why didn't you check your phone earlier?" He bombards me with questions. Slowly processing all the questions because I am still waking up, I begin to try to answer him.

"Todo bien, C, no te preocupes. Y lo siento, olvidé llamar. You don't have to come to Miami because Richard is actually really nice. That, and I'm in Vegas!" I say with excited in my voice.

"Vegas? And you just decide to call me? Victorville is not a long drive. I could have gone to Vegas to see you!" He jokingly says. He knows that I would have said no because of his school.

"Well yes, I've been busy? I went to rehearsals and the studio hung out with Christo—"

"Espera. His name was Richard, right?" Carlos asks.

"Ye—"

"There are seriously too many boys there." He mumbles over-protectively, making me laugh.

"Pero you are there because of that Richard guy. How is he? How does he treat you?"

"Like I said, he's nice."

"I can't do anything with 'nice'. Nice is too big of a concept." Carlos says.

"I—" I start. "He has these mood swings and—"

"Did he hit you?" Carlos asks sternly, pacing back and forth.

"No! God no." I hear Carlos exhale deeply, glad that isn't the case. I stand up from the chair and walk towards the balcony to admire the view over Vegas. "Just, one day he's all cozy and cute and the other day he completes ignores me. I'm not just a distraction for his fans, but for him too. And don't even get me started on this background dancer that has to seductively—"

"You like this guy, verdad?"

"Can you like, stop interrupting." I nervously laugh, ignoring his statement.

"Pero, am I right?" He asks. Silence. I don't dare to answer because I don't even know. "No answer, it's fine but, watch out with your feelings. I don't want you to be hurt by this pinche—"

"It's just work, no biggie."  I interrupt  Carlos, pacing around the room. Something I tend to do when I'm either stressed or anxious.

"Keep telling yourself that, shawty." He says, closing the bathroom door behind him. I didn't hear the door open in the first place and jump the moment he spoke. I feel my cheeks heat up and say nothing to either of the boys. I quickly say goodbye to Carlos and end the call.

"Breakfast?" Richard casually asks, acting as if he didn't just interrupt a private phone call. It takes me a second to process what happened in the past two minutes but I nod. "Like that?" He asks with a smile playing on his lips. I'm still in my oversized shirt, bootyshorts and my chanclas. I shrug and walk towards the door, wanting to leave this situation as soon as possible.

"Just a question, what did you hear of that phone call?" I ask Richard as we walk to the elevator, feeling both nervous and curious.

"The both of you have a habit of talking loud." He vaguely answers, placing his hand at the small of my back. The heat returns to my cheeks and I keep my mouth shut. We arrive at the right floor and walk towards breakfast.

"Anyways, you should have called your brother, Victorville isn't too far from Vegas." He smirks while looking down at me. With this he confirms he heard the whole conversation. I don't have time to feel even more embarrassed because he drags me to the table with the other boys.

"Buenos días, mi gente!" Richard says happily as he takes a seat next to Zabdiel. "It's gonna be a great day!"

"Someone's in a good mood." Joel laughs at his enthusiasm. I take a seat next to Erick, in front of Richard. I make eye contact with him and he sends me a wink. With a blush I stare down and I hear him softly chuckle at his effect.

"The Latin Billboards today, ya tú sabes."

{♡}

xx sophia