sêvęñtēėn

{♡}

"Maybe what I earlier said wasn't the nicest." Richard starts, pacing around the room. I raise an eyebrow and scoff.

"Maybe?" I stood up.

"Just work with me. I'm tryna apologise here, shawty." He says, irritation slightly noticeably in his tone. I look at him and nod.

"I wasn't very understanding of your situation, with your whole family and stuff. Man, they must hate me, right?" He softly chuckles. "And you must hate me?"

"Carlos definitely despises your guts. But I—it's hard to hate you, Camacho." I answer. He stops pacing around to look at me.

"Tell that everyone who thinks I'm a toxic person." He mumbles, staring at the view from our hotel room.

"Toxic?"

", my ex girlfriend portrayed me as this monster. She told press that I abused her in the brief months we dated. That was about a year ago. My reputation hasn't changed since. That's why you're here. Didn't you know that?" I'm astonished. Does he have a short-temper? Definitely. An abuser? Hell no. I look down at my wrist where he had held me tightly. He does have a strong opinion.

"I'm sorry." I finally say.

"What? You don't have anything to be sorry about. I was being selfish. You took this job because your dad left your family for another woman. Your mother is fighting a serious illness and your brother is trying to make his way through college to get a good job to care for the both of you. No, you don't have to be sorry for anything." He had turned around and walked closer to me.

"Yeah but you—" He hugged me shushed me.

"You really don't know when to shut up, do you?" He chuckles. I looked up at him with an eyebrow raised.

"A few hours ago you whined about my attitude, as if that was a smart move."

"Well— you know— shut up." He chuckles. He pushes my head back into the crook of his neck to shush me. Our peaceful moment is interrupted by a FaceTime call coming from Richard's phone. He groans and grabs his iPhone out of his back pocket. Before unlocking his phone he glances quickly at me. He has his phone screen turned so I couldn't see the ID from the caller.

"Not important for now." He smiles, declining the call. "I think it's time for a date before our big announcement to the press tomorrow."

"Is this your way of asking me out?" I grin.

"Yes. Go get changed, we're going out for dinner." He decides, unlocking his phone and typing away.

"There are smoother—" I stop mid-sentence when he looks up at me from his phone. "I should shut up. Understood." I turn around and grab a red dress from the top of my suitcase. It's a summery and flirty dress, a stylist from Richard insisted I should take with me to Vegas. I change and look in the mirror. A little insecure I start with my makeup. Nothing too much but just some to make me more presentable. For hair I decided to leave it in the natural curls.

"I'm done getting ready." I say, getting out of the bathroom. Richard was on the balcony with his back towards the room. I walk towards the doors and wait for a second. "Are you done?"

He turns around and gaps at me. He changed in an all black outfit with quite some accessories. He clicks away his phone call and makes it very obvious he's staring me up and down. I get a little uncomfortable and shift in my shoes.

"Te ves tan hermosa, baby."

"Thank you." I blush shyly. I cough and he comes back to reality.

"Let's go? On our primera cita." He says with a wink.

{♡}

xx sophia