CHAPTER 25: Monster

☣️☣️☣️

Baekhyun

I got awakened not only with the strange feeling of someone tightly keeping me in their chest but the eerie sound of the silence that welcomed my ears when I got conscious of the surrounding. Where are the groans and moans of the zombies?

I looked up to see Minho sleeping beside me and I could feel the heat radiating off of his skin.

Never imagined having breakdowns in times like this but it already happened and I needed to get my sanity back. I've done so much and now is not the right time to feel like it again.

I wore the usual tight black jeans that I have been wearing since everything of this sickness happened. I wear also a shirt and my cardigan, my boots and finally my sword. I considered these as part of my body now.

"You're awake." I heard Luhan spoke in a low voice outside the cell. That's when I realized that the cell is locked.

"You locked me in here," I stated. And it's not a question.

"We locked him in there." Luhan pointed at Minho with the tip of his rifle.

"You know that Chanyeol or pretty much everyone else here would try to kill him if you're not beside him." He explained before slinging his rifle on his back and fishing the thick metal ring of keys in his belt and opened the cell.

"You would kill him too?" I asked obnoxiously as I felt my body light and clean once again, without the stench and stickiness of blood that covered me.

"Why shouldn't I?" Luhan responds, sighing and staring at Minho who was still sleeping.

"That's not gonna happen. He saved us. Can't you understand?" I firmly spoke angrily. He got quiet.

"Where are the others?" I asked as I looked around to see nothing but silence. Luhan looked down when I latched my eyes on him and I could see in his face something close to fear.

"Chanyeol made a deal with the other survivors. Some survivors are prisoners and outsiders. He proposed a deal to stay away from us or bad happens. They are on their mission to clear a cell block for the other survivors in exchange for the prison food stocks and infirmary supplies along with a bunch of weapons that belonged to them." Luhan stated as he gazes away in a dark space. His voice is off and I could see it in his face that he's not liking what's happening right now. He'd become tougher now. I remembered when he still couldn't kill a corpse before but look at him now, he had his rifle, bravery, and experience to protect himself and the others already.

But shutting away survivors doesn't feel quite agreeable to me. How can Chanyeol be like this? We started from being merely just a survivor.

"

He can't just do that. They are survivors. I understand that some are ex-convicts but the others are not." I spoke back as I could feel anger creep unto me.

"Every one of us is a killer. Depends on how reasonable the act is." He exclaimed but I found him looking away from me.

Yes, I killed people. I have to because if no one acted fast, we would be all dead. Or am I the only one who's thinking like that?

"I understand that we can't take any chances here, Baekhyun. But these people? We don't know them and we don't know how far they can do if everything goes bad." He reasoned out, his eyes catching mine.