005.

the other woman - lana del rey

the other womaaaan

i gripped tightly onto billie's hand. we were walking to naomi's house to gather my belongings and i could already sense how everything was going to go down.

arguing and fighting. it's all we ever did. billie looked over at me smiling and i felt myself melt under her gaze. her presence brought warmth and her crystal eyes sent shivers down my spine and made my legs go weak.

i walked up to the familiar teal colored house. my hand still in billie's, i used my other one to knock on the creamy white front door. it swung open almost immediately and a concerned naomi stared back at me.

i looked at her for a brief moment but quickly averted my gaze to my feet. "i missed you," she spoke shyly. she wore a beautiful floral printed dress that fit her body perfectly. i wanted nothing but to run to her and hug her.

but she hurt me.

"we're here for her things," billie stepped up beside me. her grip on my hand tightening a bit.

"no, please don't do this! charlotte i'm sorry, you can stay with me... please," she bursted, suddenly falling to her knees. billie stood in front of me protectively and looked at naomi with an expressionless face.

"her belongings please," she said angrily. naomi looked up with sad eyes and sniffled. i looked away not wanting to face her.

"i-i," she muttered. i watched as billie shook her head and looked down at her in disgust.

"we'll be back tomorrow and we'd like what we came for. not a pity party," her voice was laced with annoyance. naomi nodded sadly and i felt billie pull me away from the teal house and into the direction of the city.

"i have a show tonight and i'd love it if you came," billie smiled up at me. we were in a clothing shop and she was roaming through the men's isle for oversized items.

"you sing?" i asked curiously, watching as her fingertips grazed against the soft fabrics. she pulled out a black button up shirt and examined it closely.

"yes and i want you to come hear me sing," i smiled as she spoke. i nodded and we headed to the counter to pay for her shirt.

"will you sing to me tonight?" i ask innocently. she chuckles. "i'll be singing to everyone, char."

char

"exactly, so save me a song. sing one song to me," i said as we began walking out of the shop. she nodded nervously and i watched as her cheeks turned a rosy color.

billie and finneas sat up on the stage. he had a guitar in his hand and they were both finishing up a song called "hostage". the way their voices blended and how they sung together was mesmerizing.

the crowd cheered and i smiled seeing billie's eyes find mine. i gave her a thumbs up and smile causing her to smile herself.

"this next one is for someone special," she spoke eagerly. the crowd 'ooh'd as finneas began playing a pretty melody on his guitar.