126 What's So Strange about That?

Leng Jin Yu reached up and strokedJinde's golden hair. "I'm sorry. You really went through alot. That Jian Heng must have hated you very much to do all that toyou."

Jinde's lips curved up in a halfsmile. "Well, he's a demon. Saying he hated me ..." Hesighed. "Maybe it was rather the opposite."

"The ..." Leng Jin Yu'sbrows raised. Had he understood this right? Jian Heng had also likedJinde? Despite the bad luck, this had brought Jinde he couldn'thelp but chuckle. "You certainly are something. The strongestfighter of the dragon race, the previous demon king, and even thecurrent demon king all fell in love with you. Is there someone amongthe gods that mentioned he was interested?"

Jinde's lips curved up further andhe happily stroked Leng Jin Yu's neck. "My husband wouldn'thappen to be jealous, would he?"

"Mn, not really. It's notlike you reciprocated their feelings, after all. It's just a littleunsettling to know just how many love rivals I had." His fingerscontinued to comb through Jinde's hair. "Ah, if not for ChunYin getting the drop on them, I wouldn't have been as lucky."

"I'm pretty sure you would.We might only be able to love once but that doesn't mean we'llfall in love with just anyone. Most dragons are pretty picky inregards to their spouses. They don't take interest in someone thateasily." He furrowed his brows. "Well, that son of yours isa special case."

"My son ..." Leng Jin Yu'shands stilled. Jinde had already calmed down so now was probably agood time to ask. Although ... He wasn't sure if he really wantedto know. His lips twitched just imagining it. He had to ask though.

He cleared his throat. "The QiuLing you've talked about before ... It wouldn't be that one,would it?"

Jinde turned to look at him, hisexpression puzzled. "Of course, it is. Who else would it be?Didn't Qiu Ling already call you a bad parent to your face? Ithought you knew."

Leng Jin Yu smiled wryly. Now thatJinde mentioned it ... "So the dragon king is actually my ...former life's son?"

"Mn, your son. What's sostrange about that? Chun Yin almost became king too. It was justbecause of Jian Heng's doing that things turned out differently. Sowhy shouldn't your son be the dragon king? Despite the fact thatChun Yin died early on, he still taught Qiu Ling quite a few years.If he didn't pick up some of his skills at least, it really wouldbe strange."

"I guess that's also true.It's just ..." He took a deep breath. "Looking at how ourencounters up until now went, I'm feeling a little strange aboutthis. Well, I guess there's no need to fret, is there? That was mypast life. He wouldn't expect —" He stopped at Jinde'slook. "What?"

"We're talking about Qiu Linghere. He knows you're Chun Yin's reincarnation and he's selfishenough that he will use that to his advantage. Heavens! He even comesrunning to me when he has problems because he knows I'm in lovewith his father."

Leng Jin Yu's lips twitched again.Somehow, he could imagine that really well. "So Longjun, how ishe?"

"As a person?" Jindeturned around and faced the ceiling, resting his head on Leng JinYu's shoulder. "Well, he was a child back then. At least forsomeone in the dragon race. He was older than a human child by a lotthough and children of our race are more mature than them but still.He was just a child. And that child saw his mother kill his father."

Leng Jin Yu frowned. He himselfcould hardly remember his family. He had been young when he came tothe sect and the rest of his life had been spent there. His family ...He might have seen them a handful of times afterward but theirrelationship hadn't been close. In fact, he had been closer to hisown Master. He couldn't completely relate to the situation. If hisMaster had betrayed the sect though ... "It must have beenhard."

"It was worse. I don't knowwhat exactly happened but it seems Qiu Ling killed his own motherafterward. He knew she was a demon, he knew she was responsible forhis father's death, and he also knew that it was the only thing hecould do. But he was a child and she was his mother. Just imaginingit ..." Jinde sighed.

Just like Leng Jin Yu, he didn'thave too many memories of his own family. His father had died for hisMaster's sake while his mother brought him to be taken in as adisciple. He had visited her a few times but their relationship hadbecome more and more estranged. Of all the people around him, he hadbeen closest to Chun Yin and his Master's wife, not even his Masterhimself.

Jinde sighed again. Well, all thosethings were long past. There was no need to dwell on it. For now, heshould concentrate on his future with Leng Jin Yu.

He reached up once again and hisfingers slipped into his lover's black hair. "I guess it'sstrange for you to be confronted with him suddenly. But if you can,try to accommodate him a bit. Qiu Ling might be a little strange butit's because of how he grew up and the things he went through. Hedeserves to find a bit of happiness."

Leng Jin Yu nodded but he couldn'thelp but frown. "Saying that now ... I'm afraid I'mresponsible for quite a bit of his troubles in the last few years.He's obviously very much in love with the Son of Heaven but becauseof the trial ..." He sighed. "I'm feeling sorry for himnow that you said it."

Jinde nodded. "You probablyshould. I guess in Qiu Ling's mind, the Son of Heaven is the onlygood thing."