Chapter 15: Jolinar, Friend or Foe

After Sam stopped crying over the ordeal, they left the room they were in. It surprised her to see Ituor standing there helping with the training.

"I forgot to tell you that Ituor was with me."

Jack went to him to ask if he could come over where she was to talk privately.

He did not need to use the Force to see something was upsetting Sam "What's the matter?"

She told him about Jolinar and what happened a few moments ago.

He put his hand over his mouth and thought for a moment. He replied, "I don't think Jolinar is talking to you as a Dark Lord. She wouldn't know about Yoda. Only a few knew about them. Jolinar is communicating with you because it's important. If that doesn't convince you, at least talk with Thor. He will clear this up once and for all. If Jolinar is an ancient Jedi Knight, Thor would know."

She thanked him, but she still was a little nervous about going through it.

Before Ituor left them he said, "May the Force be with you."

She shook these feelings out of her head and searched for Brandon. Before she left, she gave her husband one more hug and said, "Thank you for being there for me earlier."

He gave his usual smile and said, "Anytime Jedi." Having him being his usual self always made her feel good inside. In this, she felt much better.

She found him on the other side of the Academy dueling with a Jedi Apprentice. She stood there and watched. After the duel was over, he looked up and saw Sam grinning at him. "It seemed not that long ago that I was training you to use a lightsaber." She looked serious and said, "we need to leave here. I need to talk to Thor. We have a mission to do."

"Where are we going?"

"I'm not sure. That's why I need to talk with Thor."

Sam grabbed her Holocron communication device and contacted the Asgards. "This is Master Jedi, Sam O'Neill. We need to talk with Thor, privately. Brandon and I are ready to..."

Before she finished, they were both aboard the Asgard's mother ship. "What can I do for you, Master Jedi Samantha?" Thor asked.

She told him what Jolinar said to her.

"All of what she has said to you is true. We are the ones that are guarding the shield generator she wants you to turn off, and we are guarding the machine that is what you Jedi Knights call the Force," Thor sighed, "I always thought they should not have shielded themselves in the beginning. I hope the price for doing this does not eliminate the Tok'ra. They need to become Jedi once more. The trainees you have on Earth are not enough," Thor paused and continued, "the reason for having both of you — it takes two Master Jedi to turn off this shield."

Sam asked, "Is it dangerous?"

"No, but turning off this shield can only be done by two Jedi."

Master Jedi Brandon asked, "What do we need to do then?"

"Use the Force to first unlock the shield that protects the shield device that is keeping the Tok'ra today from using the Force. While one of you is holding the shield that surrounds it, the other one will use the Force to turn the shield off that Jolinar spoke about," Thor explained.

"I understand now." Sam said, "Where do we need to go?"

"I will have to send you there." Before either could say anything more, they left the ship and found themselves somewhere else.

"This must be the place," Brandon commented. He stretched out with the Force to see if he could find what they were looking for. In a short time, he said, "I found it." She followed him. They did not have to travel far. "since Jolinar asked you to turn off this shield, I will open the surrounding shield."