Chapter 13

A/N Hey guys, ok so this chapter is going to be a little more.....depressing. For a short summary, (don't read if you want to read the chapter) Alex, Peter, and Thor talk about the possibilities of the space stone still existing. They have a family movie night, they watch The Outsiders. (A personal fave). Well, that night, Alex has a really bad nightmare and it scares her. She dreams that Peter dies and that she was left in the world alone. She is sick and tired of always having to fight to be happy, to be safe. She goes to her happy place, the roof. Peter finds her and comforts her and that's pretty much where it ends. Of course, the chapter is a lot more descriptive and is not reccomended if depressing topics aren't for you. Thank you, and please enjoy. OH! also, major spoilers for the book/movie The Oustiders. And If you haven't read it, I highly suggest you do so!

Alex

I pulled away from Peter and he wiped tears from my cheeks. We held hands as we exited the elevator. I split away from him to walk down the long hallway to my room.I clicked open some YouTube for some background sound, just so I didn't feel so alone. I tried to numb my feelings as I fell asleep. That's how the rest of the day goes, numbed. And that's how it would be... because I was scared of feeling the real crushing pain.

***

But alas, no one can keep their emotions down forever. As I dragged myself out of my room I smelled something heavenly. Pizza, maybe. I followed the scent to the kitchen. Almost all of the Avengers sat at the island. I sat on a barstool to join them. Steve and Clint had their back turned, facing the counters. Probably working on dinner. Natasha and Tony were on the far left side, sharing a bottle of alcohol. Peter was next to me, talking with Thor. I leaned in to hear their conversation. They were talking about the attack on Peter's school.

"But... That's not possible. The space stone was destroyed, along with the Infinity Gauntlet." I heard Thor argue.

"I know, I know it doesn't make any sense, but that's what we saw," Peter explained.

"It's true," I intruded. Peter spun around to face me.

"Lex! You're up," He said. I smiled at him.

"With much regret, but yes." I grabbed his hand to show him I was feeling better. And I was. "Thor's right, it's impossible. But until a year ago I thought dying because of a snap was too." I looked to Thor now, his dirty blond hair was creeping over his ears, he hadn't cut it since he'd been on Sakar. Peter smiled at my joke while Thor sighed.

"I guess when you put it that way it makes more sense. But if the space stone survived does that mean the others did too?"

"Possibly," Peter said. "But we can't know for sure." We all shared a look, a silent agreement that the conversation was over until we found out more.

"Hey, where's Wanda?" I asked Peter.

"Bedroom? Maybe?" He gave me an unsure look. I sighed, even though I knew she probably wouldn't be here. Wanda and I have never been really close. And after Pietro's death it just got worse. I knew she loved me, I just wanted to spend more time with her.

"What's for dinner?" I asked him to change the subject.

"I'm not sure, Clint?" He looked over at the cooking pair.

"Pizza," He said. "Good old homemade pizza." It sounded as if he was mocking Steve.

"Shut up," Steve joked and slapped Clint with his oven mit. Clint just laughed at him. Peter and I shared a smile.

"Okay guys," An announcing voice said behind us. We turned around to watch Sam walk into the room. He was thumbing through some DVDs. "What movie should we watch?"